Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WAIARIKI (polytech)  

RSS
apaznuiz OWC
(@apaznuiz-owc)

Looking for anyone who attended Waiariki Polytech, Rotorua, 1987, and initiated the first idea of building the marae here. There is a reunion, and trying to locate the students who first mooted the idea.
Head of Maori Studies, was Tame Reweti.

Posted : 18 October, 2006 10:47 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Look up Hiko Hohepa. The whare is basically his. I know there was disagreement over the naming of the marae as to the ownership of the land

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 October, 2006 11:26 pm
apaznuiz OWC
(@apaznuiz-owc)

Kia ora mo to korero.

It would be great if Koro Hiko was still alive to ask all these things, but as he has passed away, well we have to find other ways. Thanks again for your korerp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 October, 2006 8:35 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

I know i was just pulling strings! Lol People on here seem to nice to be real people

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 October, 2006 12:08 pm
Share: