Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WAIKATO  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

Kia ora My name is Sheree Te Momo and I am searching for my nana's whanau. My nana's name was Daisy Te Momo (nee Waikato) and my grandad's name was Douglas Te Momo. My nana's father was Jack Waikato and her mum was Rangiwauwau Waikato (nee Timothy) and they were both from Huntly. My nana's brothers and sisters are Robert, Olive, Freda, Peggy, Sonny, Joe, and Lois and most of them were whangaeid into the Timothy whanau. My nana's grandad was Timoti Maui Tangarouwhai and her grandmother was Rianuku Putere.

Edited by - sheree_tm on May 23 2006 12:52:30 AM

Posted : 05 April, 2006 10:15 pm
shancock OWC
(@shancock-owc)

Kia Ora Sheree,
Sorry I can't help you with any info, but I knew your grandparents well (and your Uncles? Arnold and Dean). Just like to wish you luck in your search.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2006 6:31 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Sheree,
I sort of know your whanau (the Timothys mainly) and some Waikato Whanau here who still live in Huntly engari my patai is can you go beyond your Tipuna Whaea Rianuku Putere, the reason I ask is because my Tipuna Matua is Kene Putere his wife was Jean Wetere their daughter was my nanny Rangirerewai Putere she has brothers and sister but im not sure of all thier ingoa, Im wondering if you know of your Tipuna's Bros and sisters or even her Parents?

Kua Ngaro
Hinemako

Edited by - hinemako on Apr 18 2006 2:30:47 PM

Kia ora
I can only whakapapa to my nana grandparents but I can ring my Uncle Donnie Timothy (my nana's cousin) as he told me my whakapapa and may know of my Tipuna's brothers and sisters, me and you would definetly be related.
Sheree Te Momo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2006 1:27 am
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

E Sheree

Kia ora thank you I've been trying to find my Grt grnd papa's parents but no one seems to know??? thank you for your help
Yes if it is then we will definatly be whanaunga kia ora ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2006 10:47 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

E Sheree

Kia ora thank you I've been trying to find my Grt grnd papa's parents but no one seems to know??? thank you for your help
Yes if it is then we will definatly be whanaunga kia ora ano

My main hapu is NgatiWhawhakia and Marae is Kaitumutumu in Huntly from my Grandfather's line (Randall/Te Momo)
My other hapu is NgatiPaoa and Marae is Waitii from my Grandfather's mother line (Honetana)
My other hapu is NgatiMakirangi and Marae is Te Hoe O Tainui from my nana's line (Waikato/Timothy) and other hapu is NgatiMahuta and Marae is Waahi Pa.
What is your connection to NgatiPaoa? We will definetly be related.
Sheree Te Momo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2006 1:11 am
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

quote:

My main hapu is NgatiWhawhakia and Marae is Kaitumutumu in Huntly from my Grandfather's line (Randall/Te Momo)
My other hapu is NgatiPaoa and Marae is Waitii from my Grandfather's mother line (Honetana)
My other hapu is NgatiMakirangi and Marae is Te Hoe O Tainui from my nana's line (Waikato/Timothy) and other hapu is NgatiMahuta and Marae is Waahi Pa.
What is your connection to NgatiPaoa? We will definetly be related.
Sheree Te Momo

Kia ora Sheree,
My main connection to Ngati Paoa is thru Ngati Naho, my nanny Rangirerewai Putere married my papa Hokena Te Whiunui, BUT, I have been told that I do whakapapa back to Ngati Paoa again thru the Putere side yet I am not sure how I am hoping you can enlighten me , if I can find my papa's Kene Putere's Fathers Line his ingoa I was told either Purua or Matetu Putere and his wife was Rahui Takauwhata or Kauwhata daughter of Turoa Ta/Kauwhata............
my main inquire is my Putere side for some reason I was told that I am linked back to PUTERE of Ngati Paoa son of Pungane can you help?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2006 10:15 am
iakoba OWC
(@iakoba-owc)

Kia Ora Mako

Its Yvonne Tiananga, my mother is Mere Ripi, her fathers name is Andrew Wetere Kenny, his father is Kene or Kenny Putere or Purua and his father is Purua Putere and his wife is Rahui Takauwhata - now Rahuis father is not Turoa Takauwhata this person is her brother who died leaving no issue, Rahui and Turoa also had another brother named Tupuhi Takauwhata. Please also note that Matetu Putere is the brother of Kene Putere, they also had 2 sisters named Kapo Putere and Hemonoho Pauwaru Putere. Sources of information: Maori Land court records & personal knowledge

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 September, 2006 9:35 pm
iakoba OWC
(@iakoba-owc)

Kia Ora ano Mako

Oops Turoa did have children, and he out lived them all it was his children that had no children, aroha mai. By the way how are you and your family?

Yvonne

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 September, 2006 9:38 pm
iakoba OWC
(@iakoba-owc)

[quote]
Kia ora My name is Sheree Te Momo and I am searching for my nana's whanau. My nana's name was Daisy Te Momo (nee Waikato) and my grandad's name was Douglas Te Momo. My nana's father was Jack Waikato and her mum was Rangiwauwau Waikato (nee Timothy) and they were both from Huntly. My nana's brothers and sisters are Robert, Olive, Freda, Peggy, Sonny, Joe, and Lois and most of them were whangaeid into the Timothy whanau. My nana's grandad was Timoti Maui Tangarouwhai and her grandmother was Rianuku Putere.

Kia Ora Sheree

Do you know who your great grandfather Jack Waikato's parents are? Because I could have what you need not too sure, I need more information. I was born and breed in Huntly but living in Australia at the present.

Yvonne

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 September, 2006 9:46 pm
iakoba OWC
(@iakoba-owc)

Kia Ora Sheree

I couldnt help the name Te Momo when I first saw it I knew I had seen the name before, do you recognise the name Kiriraukura Te Momo (female) who married Ngohengohe Te Kare of Waahi Pa in Huntly? Their daughter is Tamirangi Te Kare who married Matetu Putere or Purua who is my great grandfathers (Kene Putere or Purua) younger brother.
Yvonne

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 September, 2006 1:44 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Sheree

I couldnt help the name Te Momo when I first saw it I knew I had seen the name before, do you recognise the name Kiriraukura Te Momo (female) who married Ngohengohe Te Kare of Waahi Pa in Huntly? Their daughter is Tamirangi Te Kare who married Matetu Putere or Purua who is my great grandfathers (Kene Putere or Purua) younger brother.
Yvonne

Kiaora Yvonne
My grandfather was born a Randall and his birth parents were Wate Randall and Huirua Randall nee Honetana and he was whangaied by Rata and Maraea Te Momo nee Randall. I do not recognise the name Kiriraukura my grandad and his whangaied sister did not have any other brothers and I know all my cousins but I can ask some of my whanau in huntly if they know her.
Sheree Te Momo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 September, 2006 10:14 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

[quote]

Kia Ora Sheree

Do you know who your great grandfather Jack Waikato's parents are? Because I could have what you need not too sure, I need more information. I was born and breed in Huntly but living in Australia at the present.

Yvonne

Kiaora Yvonne
I am not sure who Jack Waikato's parents are I am still researching to find the information. I have been trying to contact my nana's brothers and sisters to see if they have any information. It would be great to hear the information you have. Who is your whanau? You will definetly know my whanau and there is alot of my whanau in Australia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 September, 2006 10:19 pm
iakoba OWC
(@iakoba-owc)

Kia Ora Sheree

I married a Tiananga from Huntly, my maiden name is Ripi. My grandparents are Andrew Wetere Kenny or Putere and Hazeline Paremoko Karaipu or Scribe. I noticed from your personal details that you are living in Whangaruru My brother Christopher married a lovely woman from Whangaruru Evelyn Purcell - her bros and sis are Honey, Tina, Bertie, Hugh B, Alieta, Isabel, Eke not sure who else there is but there mum is Aunty Hari. I will dig up the info I have on the Waikatos as I have been working on another line - just give me a reminder if im taking too long.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 September, 2006 2:05 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Sheree

I married a Tiananga from Huntly, my maiden name is Ripi. My grandparents are Andrew Wetere Kenny or Putere and Hazeline Paremoko Karaipu or Scribe. I noticed from your personal details that you are living in Whangaruru My brother Christopher married a lovely woman from Whangaruru Evelyn Purcell - her bros and sis are Honey, Tina, Bertie, Hugh B, Alieta, Isabel, Eke not sure who else there is but there mum is Aunty Hari. I will dig up the info I have on the Waikatos as I have been working on another line - just give me a reminder if im taking too long.

My grandfather Douglas Te Momo mother was Huirua Randall (nee Honetana and her father was Tamati Honetana and her mother was Te Mamae Hauata Haimona Honetana (nee Karipu. Where does Evelyn and your brother Christopher live now? I am also researching the Putere name as it is a connection to my Waikato and Timothy line through my Tupuna Rianuku Timothy and would be good to find more information. This site is great I have found lots of my whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2006 7:41 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Sheree,
I sort of know your whanau (the Timothys mainly) and some Waikato Whanau here who still live in Huntly engari my patai is can you go beyond your Tipuna Whaea Rianuku Putere, the reason I ask is because my Tipuna Matua is Kene Putere his wife was Jean Wetere their daughter was my nanny Rangirerewai Putere she has brothers and sister but im not sure of all thier ingoa, Im wondering if you know of your Tipuna's Bros and sisters or even her Parents?

Kua Ngaro
Hinemako

Edited by - hinemako on Apr 18 2006 2:30:47 PM

Kiaora Mako
What is your parents names and were you also born in Huntly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2006 7:43 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: