Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WARU, Kathleen  

RSS
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Looking for info and/or descendants of the late Kathleen Waru. Kathleen [a.k.a.Kathy] Waru married Joseph [Dodi] Tipene from Pangaru, Hokianga. Dodi is a second cousin to me. Kathleen is the daughter of Te Rei [Ray] Waru from Whangape, Hokianga. My late uncle Kaka [Laurie] Waru and Kathleen were first cousins.
Ngati Hau is the hapu of the Waru whanau from Whangape.

Hohaia.

Posted : 18 August, 2007 2:50 pm
conton
(@conton)

Tena Koe Hohaia
Ray Waru married Lisa. There are Waru's still living in Whangape You might like to ringing the Waru whanay 09 409 3416
Arohanui
Conton

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 August, 2007 8:03 pm
gojoko3 OWC
(@gojoko3-owc)

quote:

Looking for info and/or descendants of the late Kathleen Waru. Kathleen [a.k.a.Kathy] Waru married Joseph [Dodi] Tipene from Pangaru, Hokianga. Dodi is a second cousin to me. Kathleen is the daughter of Te Rei [Ray] Waru from Whangape, Hokianga. My late uncle Kaka [Laurie] Waru and Kathleen were first cousins.
Ngati Hau is the hapu of the Waru whanau from Whangape.

Hohaia.

Kia ora hohaia
my father is dodi and my mother is kathleen waru.
i am the third eldest of nine i have 6 brothers and 3 sisters i am new to the site so imagine the surprise when i saw mums name.
mum was the last child of the first family she had a twin sister who died at birth.as you probably know she was 1 of 26. my name is joseph tipene after my dad and live in panguru. hope to hear more from you when ready so ka kite for now jojo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2008 9:25 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora koe e whanaunga,

Great to hear from you even thou via the net cuzz.
My grandfather was Matawahine Taame Te Awa from Matangirau ki Te Touwai. He was a the younger brother of your great grandmother Iritana Te Awa, and the youngest in their family. I only know your brother Jessie and he's living at West Auckland the last time I saw him [last year]. Would be good to have a yarn sometime cuzz. You can get me on: 0273933502 the weekends.
Look forward to your reply cuzz!

na Hohaia [Joey] Hakaraia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2008 12:23 pm
Share: