Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WHAREPAPA, Jack Haimona  

RSS
jezz OWC
(@jezz-owc)

Kia ora whanau, I am trying to trace my Dad's side of the family...
I already know who my dad's 10 brothers and 3 sisters , their names are: Duddah, Tommy, harry, martin, Patrick (pare), whiti, wally,Rongo or Roger (my Dad), Jackie,and his sisters are: Karatai, linda, Adrienne. Well it's sad to say but we only see my dad's side at tangihanga or on the streets in Rotorua and its hard case co's we don't seem to talk very much about our ROOTS. When my dad died in 89 i was 14 at the time he told me that we were related to the Savages, the campbells, the Alberts. What i really want to know is "Where are we From" i heard im from Te Whanau-a-Apanui and then it's Ngati Parou,please which one is it. I have heard that my dad is also related to the KINGI's.Could some one please shed some light on this. I have no brothers and sisters living here in Aotearoa they all live overseas. I am 31yrs now and i have only one son who will be 8yrs very soon. I went to Torere a few months back and got on the waipero and just meeting the locals they were telling me yeah you's are from Te whanau a apanui. Help me . My koro's name is Jack Haimona Wharepapa who married Ruby Rotarangi from Mokai in Taupo area. Dont know much about them as they both died when i was a baby. Reason being why we dont know our whakapapa is cause dad up lifted us from Rotorua and moved to Taupo 4 like 30 odd years where he died and is burried in Rotorua (AWAHOU URUPA) to be exact. My son asks me where am i from and i tell him my mums side which is Te Arawa.I have five brothers and sisters. Iam doing what i can so that when i see them come xmas holiday's we can finally put this to rest, not really it is only the beginning for US. I heard that the Wharepapa whanau is big. Come on all you Cuzzies PLEASE help us out!!!

Posted : 11 September, 2006 12:21 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Kia ora jezz,

My cousins are the Wharepapa whanau from Otuwhare near Omaio of Whanau Apanui. We (they ) are related to the Kemara (Campbell's)through the Hill line. Mateaurere Mataki Anaru or Anaru Mataki (who is my great grand mother Whareherehere'(HILL) sister ) married Meene WHAREPAPA who had Matuakore who had Whiuwhio Tamihana WHAREPAPA & others.My mother and Whiuwhio are 2nd cousins. You could also come off one of Matuakore brothers & sisters...or uncle Whiuwhio' own. They are a large whanau as you say.Please keep in contact.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2006 2:55 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Kia ora ano jezz,

Matter of interest, do you know where your father' name Roger came from? My great grandmother Whareherehere married Roger Hill. Their grand daughter married a Kemara (Campbell).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2006 3:04 pm
jezz OWC
(@jezz-owc)

Kia ora peti, my dad got the name from the pakeha, reasons being that they couldn't pronounce Rongomai or Rongo. Far out this has truely been a blessing that you have replied back. So does that mean that i am from Te Whanau a apanui? oh gosh i have much to study. So how do i go about looking up these names as this is the furtherest i have been. Thankyou very much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2006 3:24 pm
jezz OWC
(@jezz-owc)

oops Peti read this. actually i should'nt have told you that as that was my own. I think my Dad's name is just Roger because his full name is Roger Rongomai Wharepapa. Yes , no it is. My mum's name is Enid Simon of Te Arawa. ooh and my Dad and his brothers were all musically talented. One of their old names was "Travelling Harmony Band". If that may help! I know my Dad's cousins name is Pedro Albert who lives in Levin.If that helps also.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2006 3:38 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Jezz can you send me a PM...my aunt was married to a SIMON of Te Arawa...her children could be your whanau!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2006 3:54 pm
abzj OWC
(@abzj-owc)

My Mum is a Haimona from Te Arawa which kinda makes me one actually. email me at abzj@hotmail.com my mum passed a year ago leaving one sister Hana Aileen Haimona she married a Wharehinga from down tolaga bay area. My Mum married a Ngapo from around Pakaraka,also known as HiriniTane Hemi. Im looking for my dads side.all I know is that it stems from the son of WIlliam Hobson and Raiha..my grandfather.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2006 6:33 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Kia ora whanau, I am trying to trace my Dad's side of the family...
I already know who my dad's 10 brothers and 3 sisters , their names are: Duddah, Tommy, harry, martin, Patrick (pare), whiti, wally,Rongo or Roger (my Dad), Jackie,and his sisters are: Karatai, linda, Adrienne. Well it's sad to say but we only see my dad's side at tangihanga or on the streets in Rotorua and its hard case co's we don't seem to talk very much about our ROOTS. When my dad died in 89 i was 14 at the time he told me that we were related to the Savages, the campbells, the Alberts. What i really want to know is "Where are we From" i heard im from Te Whanau-a-Apanui and then it's Ngati Parou,please which one is it. I have heard that my dad is also related to the KINGI's.Could some one please shed some light on this. I have no brothers and sisters living here in Aotearoa they all live overseas. I am 31yrs now and i have only one son who will be 8yrs very soon. I went to Torere a few months back and got on the waipero and just meeting the locals they were telling me yeah you's are from Te whanau a apanui. Help me . My koro's name is Jack Haimona Wharepapa who married Ruby Rotarangi from Mokai in Taupo area. Dont know much about them as they both died when i was a baby. Reason being why we dont know our whakapapa is cause dad up lifted us from Rotorua and moved to Taupo 4 like 30 odd years where he died and is burried in Rotorua (AWAHOU URUPA) to be exact. My son asks me where am i from and i tell him my mums side which is Te Arawa.I have five brothers and sisters. Iam doing what i can so that when i see them come xmas holiday's we can finally put this to rest, not really it is only the beginning for US. I heard that the Wharepapa whanau is big. Come on all you Cuzzies PLEASE help us out!!!

From what you're saying and responses from Peti (Te Ha?), you are indeed Whanau a Apanui and more exactly, Whanau a Tutawake, Whanau a Rutaia and Whanau a Nuku hapu. According to what I've been given, Peti Te Ha married Samuel Delamere (h1) and Anaru Mataki (h2). To Anaru she had Mateaurere and Whareherehere. Mateaurere married Tatana Wharepapa and had Matuakore, Pine, Meene, Pirita, Te Awhi, Maata, Make and Tatana II. E Peti mehemea kai te he tenei, whakatikatika ana.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2007 12:44 pm
HilaryHaimona OWC
(@hilaryhaimona-owc)

Kia Ora,
I was curious to know whether or not you know your Wharepapa\Haimona Whakapapa?
I only ask because my dad and your dad are cousins. I know this for a fact, I grew up in Otaramarae where our papakainga is. If you are wanting to know more on this side of your dads whanau please let me know and I can let you know heaps more stuff.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 September, 2007 8:50 pm
Share: