Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WIMUTU Whanau.  

RSS
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Nau mai,haere mai,

Posted : 13 June, 2005 9:51 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Teena taatu katoa.
My Grt Grandfathers name was Wimutu TeWhiu some of my whanau also mentioned that he was also called by the name of Wiremu.My personal feeling is that this occuried because of lack understanding the traditional names and also the usage of incorrect pronunciation.The education system at that time were not interested.
Tu Meke!
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 June, 2005 10:17 am
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Teena ra taatu katoa.
My Grt Grandfather Wimutu TeWhiu was the first born of Keretinui TeWhiu and Ngareta Wharetohunga
15 issues.
My karani tupuna Wimutu married Te Wairere from tekau i mua.Ngati Hineamaru.
My karani tupuna passed away at the age of 36yrs.The flu epidemic which sweep through the Hokianga region at that time.
Some of my whanau use Wimutu as their surname.
We are aware that there is also a Wimutu whanau in Ngai Tuhoe.
Kia ora koutou.
Tu Kuru!
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 June, 2005 10:34 am
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

Kia ora Wimutu could you please contact me somehow as i would like some information on the Te Whiu whanau as my tupuna were Keretinui and Ngareta and i would like to learn my gt gt grandfathers side ( the Te Whiu line) could you please help me out thanking you kindly I look forward to your response Mike Taniere

[color=#00ff00][b](b)[/b][/color]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 October, 2007 1:41 pm
Share: