Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

WINEERA  

jtek OWC
(@jtek-owc)

Kia Ora,

I'm not sure if i am doing the right thing, but i have had a very strong urge to find my natural mother, and in reading the other panui's, i feel that this may be a good start, and very huge first step.

I've never let it be publicly known that i am adopted, not that i'm embarrased or anything, but it through fear of rejection.

I have been told my natural mother's full name, but at this point, i feel that i would be invading her privacy if i shared her full name, but her surname is Wineera. There was a point a few years ago, just after i gave birth to my eldest daughter, when i contacted a Wineera from out of the phone book, he asked me to ring back but i never did. I was scared he'd used that time to contact her, and i wasn't ready for what his reply to me might have been.

I have been looking on different websites to see if i can find any pictures from the Wineera family, just to see if there is any resemblence.

I am living in Auckland with my 3 beautiful children and i am also married. I have no knowledge of who my father is at all. At times I feel incomplete, like i'm half a person, because i don't know who/what the other half of me is. If she does not want to know of me then i will be ok with it, but for the sake of my children, i would like some info. If anyone could help me i would be very very grateful.

Edited by - jtek on Mar 26 2005 10:52:21 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2005 10:32 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Tena koe Jtek

Wether you feel you are doing the right thing or not, only you will know. And if the urge is strong within you do to so, then follow your feelings and as you say the first step is always the hardest and the biggest, but for each step you take from there, will become the day that brings you closer to what you seek for yourself and your children.

The steps you take to fullfill the void, may be long or short, it may be promising or disheartening, but stay strong, be persistant, and look to the positive side of things,cause out of everything good comes.

There are a awesome bunch of members here on this site, who for some, a taking the first huge steps such as you, or have found, or are still searching for their whakapapa.

We are here to awhi each other, to listen, and to share, so I wish you all the best in your search and there may be other members here who may have some information, links etc for you to start at.

If you go to the 'Names Being Researched" at the top of this page, and then type in 'Wineera' in "the search list", you will find a posting for Wineera from nic31.

Kia kaha Jtek

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2005 11:57 pm
Ginseng OWC
(@ginseng-owc)

Kia ora jtek

I just wanted to show my support, as you begin your journey, be strong, persistant, and acknowledge your feelings and do what you feel is right for you and your whanau.

Just some suggestions:

You could try doing a search in the google search engine.

www.familysearch.org has a few Wineera names there if you haven't already tried that one too.

You could possibly prepare yourself by having some questions ready to ask and practice an introduction for when you are calling these people from the white pages, prepare yourself with what you might say if you actually do happen to come across your mother, so that it doesn't seem so overwhelming and become fearful.

Take care and I wish you all the best on your journey, and just know that things will happen in their own time, if you want it to.

Kia kaha - be strong

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2005 12:55 am
jtek OWC
(@jtek-owc)

Thank you both for your kind words and your wisdom. It's very encouraging to know that people who have no knowledge of me actually care.

Thank you for support

Edited by - jtek on Mar 27 2005 11:40:11 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2005 11:39 am
Stewart-Dawson OWC
(@stewart-dawson-owc)

Hi There a heaps of Wineeras in Sydney If you address your letter to the person concerned and then care of Church of Jeus Christ care of Sydney Temple the letter will get through.
Keep Going and good luck
M.Stewart-Dawson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2005 1:32 pm
takitimu108
(@takitimu108)

kia ora,
you are not alone. The Wineera whanau that I know will welcome you with open arms. Big whanau in Takapuwahia,Elsdon,Porirua. I can give you a name of an aunty, she might know. Don't wait to long she's getting on now.
piki ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2005 1:39 pm
Rakairoa_Grace1 OWC
(@rakairoa_grace1-owc)

kia ora! the name wineera that i know are from Takapuwahia marae of Ngati Toa Rangatira, in Elsdon, Porirua. kia ora cuzz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2005 6:01 pm
TPO OWC
(@tpo-owc)

Kia ora
If you live in Auckland there are wineera families there. There is also alot in Taupo & Rotorua. But somehow i feel your best chance of locating your mother is Taupo because i know of someone there who adopted out a child many years ago. and i think if she is the right one she will only be too happy to meet you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 June, 2005 1:00 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora

I live amongst the Wineera family in Takapuwahia, Porirua, and also know the Taranaki branch.

Drop me a line (private) if you are still searching. NB: I AM related closely to the family

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 10:55 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Tena koe jtek

I use to live in Taupo with my grandparents.
am close ties to the wineera whanau of ngati toa rangatira thru my grandfather was born in kawhia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2005 1:21 am
Atahz_06 OWC
(@atahz_06-owc)

Tena koe jtek,

Mauriora....to you for these first intial steps you have taken...hollah at Aubry...he's living close to them. But the wineera whanau orginate from Kawhia, Ngati Mango and back in the days migrated to Porirua, Takapuwahia..... Kia kaha ra e hoa!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2005 4:13 am
Jaime Grace OWC
(@jaime-grace-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora,

I'm not sure if i am doing the right thing, but i have had a very strong urge to find my natural mother, and in reading the other panui's, i feel that this may be a good start, and very huge first step.

I've never let it be publicly known that i am adopted, not that i'm embarrased or anything, but it through fear of rejection.

I have been told my natural mother's full name, but at this point, i feel that i would be invading her privacy if i shared her full name, but her surname is Wineera. There was a point a few years ago, just after i gave birth to my eldest daughter, when i contacted a Wineera from out of the phone book, he asked me to ring back but i never did. I was scared he'd used that time to contact her, and i wasn't ready for what his reply to me might have been.

I have been looking on different websites to see if i can find any pictures from the Wineera family, just to see if there is any resemblence.

I am living in Auckland with my 3 beautiful children and i am also married. I have no knowledge of who my father is at all. At times I feel incomplete, like i'm half a person, because i don't know who/what the other half of me is. If she does not want to know of me then i will be ok with it, but for the sake of my children, i would like some info. If anyone could help me i would be very very grateful.

Edited by - jtek on Mar 26 2005 10:52:21 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 6:57 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora Jaime ....Hope your journey is closer for you .... I can help if the path is narrow ....take that step as I know the doors will open for you ...make contact private if you wish .. kia kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 8:52 pm
zara OWC
(@zara-owc)

Does anyone no a Vicky Wineera who use to be in a girls hostel called the Girls Pendennis Hostel. in Tinakori rd,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 October, 2006 2:01 pm
mozzy84 OWC
(@mozzy84-owc)

Kia ora jtek,

I have some wineera family that may be of some help.. Here is my contact email address mozzylicious@hotmail.com. I may be able to help you find who you are looking for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 October, 2006 6:13 pm

Working

Please Login or Register