Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WINITANA, Winitana Te  

RSS
blktwnmaori OWC
(@blktwnmaori-owc)

Hi can anyone help me I am trying to find info about my whanau, Winitana from Lake Waikaremoana...etc, I know I come from the Rawaho Winitana line can't seem to find anything about any of them...

Thanx
Andrea

Posted : 19 June, 2005 5:38 am
arapeta OWC
(@arapeta-owc)

Kia ora Andrea,

I know Tamati Winitana who is of the same whanau from Waikaremoana - Ngati Hinekura. I can contact Tamati for you as we work at Te Wananga-o-Raukawa in Otaki.
His email address is tom@winitana.maori.nz; Ph: (06) 364 6765; mob: 021 376 501.
E hoa I hope this helps - Tamati and I work in the same department.

Nga mihi
Arapeta Te Rire (Hone)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2005 8:00 pm
blktwnmaori OWC
(@blktwnmaori-owc)

Kia ora Arapeta,

That would be a great help, If you could maybe have a chat to him. My email is winzange@iprimus.com.au
I haven't had much dealing with my maori side of the family. My Koro was Jim (Wharetotara) Winitana he married Puaiterangi Hallett from Taupo/Turangi.

Naku noa
Andrea 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 July, 2005 7:26 pm
arapeta OWC
(@arapeta-owc)

Tena koe, Andrea,

It's a pleasure to help out whanau members. I have had a chat with Tamati, and he is more than willing to make contact with you. As a matter of fact he is interested to find out your connections.

Arapeta

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 July, 2005 10:22 pm
Share: