Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WIREPA, Rangi  

RSS
SKIN OWC
(@skin-owc)

I am looking for any whanau and/or information on my gg grandmother Rangi Wirepa whom was born 1853 at Te Kaha, but was bought up at Hicks Bay. She married Arapata Topi Te Kuru from Porangahau. The Porangahau side I know of, but Te Kaha or Hicks Bay, I have no knowledge of. Anyone out there can you help?

Posted : 16 November, 2007 6:25 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

I am looking for any whanau and/or information on my gg grandmother Rangi Wirepa whom was born 1853 at Te Kaha, but was bought up at Hicks Bay. She married Arapata Topi Te Kuru from Porangahau. The Porangahau side I know of, but Te Kaha or Hicks Bay, I have no knowledge of. Anyone out there can you help?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2007 6:56 am
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Sorry, pushed send before engaging brain.
Rangi was a sister to my grandmother. There were a heap of siblings but typical of the time, a high mortality rate. Rangi was one of the older issue and was a twin to Te Owai, the difference being your kuia had red hair and Te Owai black. I was told that the whanau all lived in the Pahaoa - Whanarua Bay area. Interested to know more of your korero on Hicks Bay.
Anyway, if you let me have your address I'll post you the whakapapa I've put together so far. I haven't completed your branch as I haven't had feedback from your Aunty Irene.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2007 7:03 am
Share: