Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

WYLLIE & TRASS  

jukarn OWC
(@jukarn-owc)

wanting to find info on both these families where they originated from, i am grandaughter of geoffrey wyllie and shona trass. wanting to know bout my ancestors

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2005 4:58 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora jukarn,

If you could give us a bit more information it would help. Do you know what Iwi they are? Do you know where your parent grow up that comes from them as that would give a starting place.

Good luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2005 4:29 pm
alexei OWC
(@alexei-owc)

quote:

wanting to find info on both these families where they originated from, i am grandaughter of geoffrey wyllie and shona trass. wanting to know bout my ancestors

I knew Shona. I used to work with her in the Railways Goods Office in New Plymouth during the 1950s. She was a very attractive girl and a very competent hockey player like her mother Hannah.Shona's grandfather Jimmy Edwin originally came from Waikanae and went to live in Motunui Waitara when he was a young lad. He was a jockey in his young days. The Edwin family lived in Waitara but I think most are now scattered around the country. I know Shona had a sister Aileen but I do not know her married name.
I did not know Shona's husband that well so I am unable to help you there.
It may pay you to visit Waitara and call on the Genealogical Office there. I know that they will try and help you as best as they can. Good luck in your search

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2005 10:09 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Is your ancestor from Gisborne at all? Do you know if your'e related to Wyllie whanau from Turanganui-a -kiwa.

Edited by - wyllie on Apr 22 2005 4:50:34 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2005 12:56 am
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

Kia ora Jukarn, RE: Alexei's reply... Aileens surname, could be BATTEN
Po marie MKK

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 April, 2005 7:04 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Jukarn did you receive my email April 22dn about Keita and James Ralston Wyllie.
Te Aroha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 May, 2005 6:23 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Cathy are you still going to New Zealand for Christmas? If so can you track down some information about James' brothers? Please email me catu@westnet.com.au
Thanks TE AROHA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2005 10:34 pm

Working

Please Login or Register