Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Yakas, HELP  

RSS
nannieir OWC
(@nannieir-owc)

Hi, I'm a bit confused as to where I start with my Whakapapa as I was raised from a baby by my grandparents (Mack & Mere Yakas)I know my birth parents so where do I start?

Posted : 16 April, 2007 2:25 am
huriepbo@hotmail.com OWC
(@huriepbohotmail-com-owc)

Kia ora 'nannieir'.I hope this bit of info is of use to you. I think your nan could have been my nans sister.,did your grandparents live at Kohukohu in the Hokianga? My nan was Maria Regina Boyce nee Te Wake,and lived in Panguru,some 20 kms from Kohukohu,commonly known as Coke. You could try speaking to a relation of ours Douglas Te Wake. Unfortunately I do not have a contact number for him but i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to obtain. I also went to school with a girl with the same surname.,her name was Charlotte Yakas. Good luck in your search. Marlz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2007 8:37 pm
nannieir OWC
(@nannieir-owc)

Kia ora thank you for the reply you are very helpful. I think we have a connection here and yes my nan could be your nans sister to.Did your nan have a sister Chrissy,married to Walter of which both are long deceased now? And yes Charlotte Yakas is my sister,John Yakas is my birth father,son of Mack and Mere Yakas my grandparents.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2007 11:11 pm
huriepbo@hotmail.com OWC
(@huriepbohotmail-com-owc)

Kia ora ano "nannieir',it's me Marlz once again. Nice to meet someone online that I can actually connect with. Ya,my nan did have a sister called Chrissy,but i knew her as Rnty Cissy.,she lived just outside of Kamo and had a son(who was a special child ,thats what i've taught my children to think of and call our children with disabilities)whose name was Frank.,and a daughter, I think, Christne.,she can be seen on a t.v clip with our grand Rnt Whina Cooper on that well-known hikoi to Wellington. I have also seen a panui of yours on the Faulkner website looking for my dad,Patrick Boyce. I can't tell you much about your Yakas side other than that the Yakas is a Tarara(Dalmation-Croation)name.,from the gumfields era. In regards to your sister,it would be great if you could email me and fill me in. Chur cuz. Marlz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 April, 2007 12:21 am
nannieir OWC
(@nannieir-owc)

Kia ora Marlz,this is such a spin out the connection we have it's beutiful.Thanks to the Whakapapa Club that we found each other that is what it is all about.Chur cuz. nannieir Will email you and fill you in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 April, 2007 8:38 pm
Share: