Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUAPAWA, EMA TE MATEMIHIKORE (NEE KOIA)  

RSS
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

E te atua, tuku whakawhetai ki to ingoa tapu
Ki te kahui kua wheturangitia, tenei te mihi, te tangi hoki ma koutou
Ki te tini ora, tenei te karanga ki a tatou
Apiti tatai hono te tatai po ki te tatai po
Apiti tatai hono te tatai awatea ki te tatai awatea ano

November 2006 will be the month of the unveiling for Ema Te Matemihikore Tuapawa nee Koia.

Ema was born at Tikitiki on the East Coast, 1923 with ties to Ngati Porou and Te Whanau a Apanui. Her mother was Merengaika Tangira Wi-Repa and her father was Matahaere Koia.

Her first marriage was to Whakataha Katae of that region also and they had four children.

She later married again to Hemi (James,John) Tuapawa of Te Aitanga a Mahaki, Ngati Konohi from Te Karaka and Mangatu.

She lived most of her life on the coast before moving to Te Karaka, then Gisborne, then Napier before Wellington. In 2003 she moved to Auckland and died there.

She lies at Taita cemetery in Wellington and I would be interested in performing a kawe mate back to her marae at Rahui o Kehu. Please cntact me if you knew my remarkable koka.

Hei kona e te whanau

Posted : 13 October, 2005 12:27 am
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora mai ona tatau katoa

Just a little note to say that the unveiling will be at Taita Cemetery on the 12th of November 2006.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 October, 2006 11:38 pm
Share: