Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Akuhata-Brown  

RSS
riderthreeohfo7 OWC
(@riderthreeohfo7-owc)

Kia ora to all. I am looking for the whakapapa on the parents of my great grandfather, TUREI BROWN. He married my great grandmother MARAEA PUHA who constructed the Tukutuku Panels at the Hoani Waititi Marae, she was the daughter of Hakopa Puha and Tangitaera Ngatoro. Can anyone please help me in this matter of finding out the names of my great grandfathers parents?

Posted : 26 November, 2007 6:46 pm
crazyhorse OWC
(@crazyhorse-owc)

greetings The name Turei Brown appears in land share registers for Tairawhiti blocks Tokata A13 & Whetumatarau A these two land blocks are at Te Araroa East Cape the name Maraea Puha also still appears in land share registers to land blocks also from the Te Araroa East Cape region if you go to www.maorilandonline.govt.nz & enter their names in the search screen the land blocks will come up click on the block name than click on the owner details it's a start.
now I'm a little vague but I believe that Ngati Porou had some involvement in Hoani Waititi Marae. cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2008 9:02 pm
Share: