Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ANDREWS whakapapa  

RSS
ngatauranga OWC
(@ngatauranga-owc)

Where are Andrews Whanau from and what is their Marae? Please e-mail me back on hohawahineanga@slingshot.co.nz as soon as possible?

Nga.

Posted : 05 October, 2005 12:30 pm
Atahz_06 OWC
(@atahz_06-owc)

Kia ora,

What Andrew are you talking about? I know some that are from Ngati Raukawa & Tuwharetoa. They live around Taupo rohe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 October, 2005 7:37 am
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Andrews or Anaru, The Anaru Whanau that i know of are from Awarua, Bay Of Islands( Dargaville , Kaikohe area.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 October, 2005 11:30 am
ngatauranga OWC
(@ngatauranga-owc)

Andrews, kina.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 October, 2005 12:03 pm
whitianga OWC
(@whitianga-owc)

there are a family of andrews from Omaramutu, Bay of Plenty and theres another family living in Otautahi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 October, 2005 5:01 pm
ngatauranga OWC
(@ngatauranga-owc)

Andrews whanau are from Tangoio. Thank you everybody for helping me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 October, 2005 6:55 pm
exqwsit OWC
(@exqwsit-owc)

My Brother-in-law is a Anaru/Andrews his whanau
are from Tangoio, he will be here on Wednesday
so I will ask him and post the info or send you an email.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 October, 2005 11:48 am
Hemana274 OWC
(@hemana274-owc)

Kia Ora,
The Andrews or Anaru Whanau I know are from Kaiaua, Ngati Paoa.
Their marae is Mangatangi Marae.
There are a few Anaru Whanau staying in Pukekohe.
Very well known family and large. Clarifying your search may give you more help and faster.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 October, 2005 1:11 pm
ngatauranga OWC
(@ngatauranga-owc)

Kia Ora Paulette,

Johnny Andrews is my foster brother and he wanted to knows where his Marae is and name of that Marae. Johnny doesn't get in touch with his real family like me. Johnny is on old friends site. I wanted Johnny to put himself onto the old friends site so everyone knows where Johnny is.

Nga Tauranga.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 October, 2005 1:43 pm
juleznz OWC
(@juleznz-owc)

ring Pat Parsons RD2 napier hes a historian with whakapapa and knows the anaru/andrews whanau from tangoio

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2005 6:51 am
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

kia ora hemana,

im related to the Andrews from Ngati Paoa. I'm from the Coromandel family myself, Ngati Whanaunga and Ngati Paoa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2005 10:19 am
Nayzfiroa OWC
(@nayzfiroa-owc)

Kia Ora, The Andrews whanau is huge. I would know I am one of them. lol..However it is vital that your brother know which he belongs to. The Andrews from Kaikohe are of French Descent. That is my whanau. Our marae is Tamatea in Motuti. Our tupuna was Charles Anduze. Andrews is the translation given to Anduze. Just showing the name change. All the best to your brother and I hope he has been in touch with his whanau. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2008 12:39 am
Share: