Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Finding my Iwi, Hapu and Marae  

RSS
Amiria OWC
(@amiria-owc)

Kia Ora
I’m try to find out my Iwi Hapu and Marae
Dad was grew up @ Tokitoki Point Whangaruru Harbor
My father’s last name is Comer
My great grandfather is – George Leonard Comer
My great grandmother – Nessie Birch
His Father – Alan Comer
His Mother – Polly Comer (nee Birch)
If anyone can help me that would be great.

Kia ora ano

Posted : 11 December, 2005 3:08 pm
JohnParatene OWC
(@johnparatene-owc)

Tena Koe Amiria
My name is John Lee Wharepapa Pere Paratene originally from Whangaruru, living in Manurewa Auckland. I live a street away from Birch Comer ( who died a few years ago ) and older brother Cyrall Comer ( who also died a few years ago )who lived in Papakura. Maybe your best contact would be Bruce Birch who lives in Whangarei. I spent many days picking pipi and oysters at Tokitoki point in my youth. Thats how i know Bruce cause he was always there but did his schooling in Whangarei not Punaruku like the Comers. I will try thru the cussy system to find Bruces contact details and get them to you.
Noho ors mai ki to kainga maha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 December, 2005 4:59 am
Amiria OWC
(@amiria-owc)

Kia Ora John
Birch and Cyril were my dads older brothers.
he's the pepi of the whanau.
we've found out some more info to help us.
But more would be better.

Kia ora ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2005 6:21 pm
Loretta OWC
(@loretta-owc)

Kia Ora Amiria
I am one of Cyril's daughters. It would be awesome to catch up with you and your family. I know that uncle Harold is still in Tikipunga and that is about it.
If I can help with anything, drop us a line.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 January, 2006 3:02 am
alick
(@alick)

I am related to the Comers as well, my mother was June Comer, her father was George Leonard Grattan Comer, please get in touch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2006 9:48 am
Amiria OWC
(@amiria-owc)

Kia ora Alick
where abouts is your mum from and would my father be able to contact you.
Im from Te Puke on my mothers side so we go home every so often..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 August, 2006 2:03 pm
maxt OWC
(@maxt-owc)

Kia ora koutou.
Gee, i just stumbled on to this posting and thought i'd throw my 10 cents worth in. I was brought up in Whangaruru at Ohawini and as kids our playgrounds were the beaches all in the harbour, Oakura, Parutahi, Ohawini, Te Karo, Motukowhai-Strongman's Island and Tokitoki. Big John and i are cussies. Anyway, between 1996-1999 i was working in Farmers in Whangarei, there was a young fulla working as a Storeman, he was Bob Comer.
And now im teaching at a Kura Kaupapa Maori in Te Puke. A small world, huh.
Nga mihi.

Edited by - maxt on Jan 23 2008 09:59:35 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 January, 2008 3:11 pm
Share: