Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

hapu  

RSS
missygirl OWC
(@missygirl-owc)

Tena koutou, I am trying to find out what my sub-tribe or hapu might be. I know my iwi is Te Atiawa and my whanau on my dads side is from Waikawa Pa Picton South Island. If anyone could help out with info it would be much appreciated. Kia ora.

Posted : 17 January, 2006 10:27 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

What is the whanau name?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2006 7:03 am
missygirl OWC
(@missygirl-owc)

my dads name was Benjamin Penaha Riwaka, his mother was Hinehau (nee-Watson), his fathers name was William Riwaka.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2006 10:45 pm
Turner
(@turner-owc)

Kia Ora Missy, there is Riwaka whanau that stays in Waikawa Bay. Have you contacted them, their mother Remana - was your aunt (she is sister to Penaha Riwaka). I'm not sure - is Penaha Maori for Benjamin perhaps?
I have Riwaka on my whakapapa; and the connection to Te Ati Awa is via Puketapu hapu.
We should "chat"...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 January, 2006 11:06 pm
missygirl OWC
(@missygirl-owc)

Tena koe e hoa, ae yes aunty Remana was my dads sister, thankyou for that, someone told me that my hapu might be "Puketapu Maniapoto", but just thought i might get a lil bit more confirmation before i used that in my Whakawhanaungatanga at my Te Reo Kura.

No reira kei a pakiki au. No whea koe?,Ko wai o matua?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2006 12:17 am
Share: