Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HARRISON/HALE Whanau ki Waipiro  

RSS
thelma_hale@yahoo.co.nz OWC
(@thelma_haleyahoo-co-nz-owc)

This whakapapa thing is very intruiging and also along journey ne? My name is Thelma Hale. Grand-daughter of Arthur and Bev (nee Munro-Parata. My kuia was Riria Harrison. Unsure of whom my koroua was. (MY BAD). I have relations in Kennedy Bay/Coromandel and would like to know more info on my whakapapa. Can you help me?? I think(not sure) our Marae is Iri-te-kura. My grandfather and the Harrison whanau are buried in the Urupa next to Iri-te-kura that's why I think that's our marae. Please HELP me out. My poor darling children ask me questions I cannot answer. I would so much appreciate it.

Posted : 18 December, 2007 4:21 pm
Korks OWC
(@korks-owc)

Tena koe Thelma I got your msg re Manaia - it os my understanding Ngati Pukenga and Ngati Maru share the mana of the marae at Manaia. I am Ngati Pukenga but from Tauranga Moana, Whangarei and Maketu (where Ngati Pukenga also has claim to mana whenua). Sorry I can't help you with your search for info on your whanau but it sounds like Tane Ariki may have knowledge to help you. Good luck with your search! Mauri ora!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2007 9:12 am
Tania_Farrant
(@tania_farrant)

Kia Ora:) I also have whanau who are buried at Iri te kura's Urupa (Maurirere Whanau). The little church where the Urupa is located is called Hato Anaru Wharekarakia. Best of luck in your search, and yes it is a long journey:) but one well worth taking:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 December, 2007 8:20 am
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Thelma, my hubby's real grandad is Jack Harrison who liased with Mae Taewa & had Iritana but she was raised by Mae's sister Hopaea ( Sophie) & Pani Haereroa.
My hubby & his siblings never knew Jack Harrison or what he looked liked. They would like to at least have a photo of him now that their mother has passed on Oct 2 2007 Hutt Hospital.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2008 8:31 pm
Share: