Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Horahora Marae  

RSS
alli123 OWC
(@alli123-owc)

Would like to visit Horahora Marae Rangiriri
Any contact of how to make this possible most welcome
searching for family !
Thanks Allison

Edited by - alli123 on Feb 17 2006 11:12:15 AM

Posted : 01 February, 2006 10:29 am
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

We had a lovely whänau noho marae there a year ago. I suggest you look up the Rotorua phone book or Google white+pages+nz. The contact number is in there. Or go to the marae page here in maori.org. Good luck Horahora marae is absolutely beautiful & is on the Tainui boundary. They have strong links with Ngäti Raukawa ki te Tonga. Ko Ngäti Tuara/Ngäti Kea ngä hapü.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 February, 2006 8:46 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

phone #07 826 3940 to horahora marae
or wharekai 07 8263252

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 February, 2006 1:03 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora alli123

The chairman of Horahora Marae is a man named Pat Kingi. If you ring the numbers that Pono has so graciouly provided, you will probably be put through to him. He will probably ask for your whakapapa just so that he has some background on you and where you come through the lines which is standard procedure for people that wish to reconnect with their marae.

As others have stated it is a beautiful marae situated on the opposite side the river across from the Rangiriri tavern.

Good luck to you and when you see uncle Pat tell him Matahuru says hi!

Paimarire

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 11:29 am
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora, I'm looking for my whanaunga, descendants of Te One (John)Edwards. All I know is he hailed from Wairoa, and ended up living around Horahora Marae early 1900's, no idea why, unless his wife was from there, whose name eludes me ... any help appreciated. He was son of Harawira Edwards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2006 8:12 pm
Share: