Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HUNT - TAMAWARU  

RSS
wakagirl OWC
(@wakagirl-owc)

Kia ora Whanau,

am looking for marae and hapu that are associated with the Hunt family of Hawera, Ngati Ruanui. The name Tamawaru is also associated with the Hunt name. Any info would be awesome.

nga mihi

Posted : 07 October, 2006 9:27 pm
whai2karanga OWC
(@whai2karanga-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Whanau,

am looking for marae and hapu that are associated with the Hunt family of Hawera, Ngati Ruanui. The name Tamawaru is also associated with the Hunt name. Any info would be awesome.

nga mihi

Mauri ora e hoa.
The Hunt whanau have connections to Otaraua, Te Ati Awa, Taranaki;
Mangaemiemi is one of their marae.
Otaraua is one of their hapū.
Tamawaru is still alive and well in his 50's?? (perhaps a descendant of the name you know or have.
nāku iti noa nei, nā Whai2karanga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2006 10:14 am
wakagirl OWC
(@wakagirl-owc)

ngaa mihi nui e hoa

thank-you for taking the time to reply, it is much appreciated.

ngaa mihi maioha

naa wakagirl

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2006 12:47 pm
TeAtAwhAiNoRongomAi OWC
(@teatawhainorongomai-owc)

As a member of the mentioned clan, I thought I might say hello, and see how you are going with your search...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2007 10:22 am
karimrewiri OWC
(@karimrewiri-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Whanau,

nga mihi

Kia ora

I am also seeking info on the hunt whanau and trying to find info on the marae associated with the hunts. My mum has said that Ngati Ruanui is our iwi, and Tamawaru Hunt is my Great Great Grandfather. Any info will be awesome

Edited by - karimrewiri on Aug 27 2007 10:29:15 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 August, 2007 10:26 am
Tamawaru OWC
(@tamawaru-owc)

Kia ora.
As a decendent of Charles William Hunt aka Hare Tamawaru, [his mother Mere Te Waiotutu], I have always been lead to believe that our Hapu are Ngati Tupaea and Ngati Taniwai which are connected to Wharenui Marae, Faser Road, Hawera. There are several decendents that carry the Tamawaru name. I hope I have been of assistance and if further information is required please email me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 September, 2007 10:59 am
vickynel
(@vickynel)

Kia or Koutou,

i know these posts are now from some time ago, but i am now doing a family search and am a descendent of Charles William hunt, and am wondering what infomration is out there, and what has been discovered:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2018 11:14 pm
Share: