Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

I'm a Te Ati Awa Decendent Lost  

RSS
twomeke007 OWC
(@twomeke007-owc)

Hello I have recently found out that I'm a Te Ati Awa decendant, but have little information about my whakapapa. I know that my marae is in Wellington, pipia tia marae I think its called. I also think that I am related to a well recognised carpenter, some guy woodrow back in the day.
If you have any info could you please respond to this plee for information in regards to this topic.

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 06 2005 10:18:12 PM

Posted : 23 February, 2005 11:32 am
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Tena koe Twomeke007

If you can provide any whanau names, such as father, grandfather/mother/ etc, this may help other members to give suggestions or directions on where you could start.

http://npdc.biz/tangata+whenua/history.htm

Check out the below site, which will give you some information about Taranaki and its history

also this site below gives you contact details for marae, and Te Atiawa Iwi Contacts/Tribal Council. email addresses are provided (its worth a try)

http://www.trc.govt.nz/HTMLDOCS/IwiContacts/Atiawa/Atiawa.htm

Kia Kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2005 11:05 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Just another quick note =

New Forum - Whakapapa Club - you can find this in Papa Panui Home Page.

Keep eye out for when it starts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2005 11:09 pm
twomeke007 OWC
(@twomeke007-owc)

Thank you Pearlau I will take your advise and seek more info from my mother in relation to this grandmother or granparents.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2005 3:54 pm
nell OWC
(@nell-owc)

kia ora twomeke007 ,i have a family tree that says my family is fron the te atiawa tribe ,ngatituwaho hapu , with links to waitohi , i am new to researching my maori ancestry so i may not be able to help you , although i have a fairly extensive family tree to search from so if the names i have mentioned mean anything to you please contact me if you need to know more thanks & good luck nell

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 March, 2005 1:11 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

im living in welly at the mo and if u ever come down then come contact me and ill take you to pipitea.i used to be around there all the time cos its right in the middle of the city and my uncles kapa haka group ngati poneke is based there

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2005 11:28 pm
Share: