Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Komene Manihera, Hori  

RSS
Suz OWC
(@suz-owc)

Hi, I'm looking for my whakapapa, iwi, marae etc. Hori Komene Manihera and Ellen (Erena) had my grandmother - Mere. Mere was born at Wangaroa Habour and went to school at St James School in Keri Keri. We have family land in Waimahana. Any help greatly appreciated!

Posted : 23 June, 2006 11:53 am
kaeo OWC
(@kaeo-owc)

Kia ora e hoa,
I recognise your name, I know of your whanau, but I would have to ask my aunty for the whakapapa as I am not to familiar with that side.
We also have family land at Waimahana. My mother is a Broughton- Rika-Heke, and my father is a Williams (from Te ngaere).
If I get any whakapapa that relates to you I will make sure to post it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 2:01 am
tallebud2 OWC
(@tallebud2-owc)

Kia ora,suz
I have heard alot of the Komene whanau in my early days back home but have been here since a young man but remember the name Bill Komene, I'will contact my whanau and ask them when i go home on the 16th sept 2006. try typing your whanau's name into the maori land courts in.... whagnarei office. i did that and your falls names came up on a list of shareholders names included on land my father had shares in....might be worth a try ........that goes for all maori....I certainly got a surprise as to how whanau names came up...good luck.....we are the kereama's....we are from pawarenga area i think thats how you spell it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 2:21 am
Share: