Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Looking for Whanau  

RSS
Taane OWC
(@taane-owc)

???

Kia Ora
Tena koutou katoa

Name: Taane Anaru Honatana Hemopo

My Iwi is Tainui I am searching for whanau and also the whakapapa and whakatauki for my pepeha/mihimihi.
I'm a bit lost at the moment and looking for where I fit in, I lack in maori but make up in pakeha. . . . . . . .

So if anyone is able to help me give a reply,

A sheep wandering from the flock

Posted : 24 February, 2008 10:22 pm
Tairania OWC
(@tairania-owc)

Kia ora Taane,

My mother was a Hemopo and its would appear that our families way back then, probably before your and my time...kept secrets.

The whanau Hemopo altho numerous in name, don't seem to want to share info regarding our whakapapa. Numerous attempts have been made by members of my whanau with little results.

I guess that is why we are all wandering around looking lost at times...thankfully my fathers side sees me grounded.

Would love to keep in touch though...then at least there will be two sheep together *smiles* searching for our whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 March, 2008 9:19 am
Share: