Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MAURIRERE, Maharata  

RSS
Tania_Farrant
(@tania_farrant)

Kia ora all,
I am Looking for more information regarding my papa and his line. I do not know his name and never met him as he passed on before I was born. Also more information about my whanau Marae. My mother was buried at Waipiro Bay - Iri te Kura. but I was told there are others the whanau have ties with too?
My nannys name is Huriata Maurirere, they had 13 children As Listed:
Kerehi (M)
Te Iwinui (M)(Tom or more known as Timo) Deceased
Renata (M) (Also known as Len) Deceased?
Huriata (F) (Also known as Julianne)
Te Puna (M)
Rose (F)
Pani (F)
Maharata (F) (My mother - Deceased)
Poihakena (M)
Temepara (M)
Joanne (F)
John Destry (M)
Gordan (M)
They all grew up in Te puia and the coastal regions - Ruatoria etc.

Any help would be awesome!

Edited by - gal_nz on Oct 18 2007 08:36:19 AM

Edited by - gal_nz on Oct 18 2007 09:12:31 AM

Posted : 18 October, 2007 8:13 am
Tania_Farrant
(@tania_farrant)

After a few hours of searching I think I have found the right Full names of my Grandparents... please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!:)
Koro = Jimmy Te Iwinui Maurirere married Julia (Huriata) Maurirere (nee STEVENS)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 October, 2007 3:21 pm
Tania_Farrant
(@tania_farrant)

Kia ora all:) After speaking with an aunty of mine she has given me the correct names for my nan and koro and also my great granparents on my nannys side.

Changes are:
Koro - Te Iwi nui Haereroa Maurirere
Nan - (Maiden name) Julia Tipene
Nan - (Married name) Huriata Te Whare Toka
Greatnan (M) Maharata Kota married to Jack Tipene

It would be great to hear from anyone if these names ring a bell. If you are related however close or distant I would also love to hear from you.

The pieces of my Whakapapa are slowly coming together:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2007 5:53 am
Share: