Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Mihaere whanau: Help with whakapapa  

RSS
te ngahere OWC
(@te-ngahere-owc)

Kia Ora, I would like to know some information in regards to this whanau. Hapu, iwi and marae would be helpful. I have some information already but would like to extend the picture a bit more. I believe that this whanau is of Ngati Rakaipaaka hapu.

Posted : 05 October, 2006 11:18 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora te ngahere

my mate was a mihaere but this side of his was from te whakatohea in opotiki, not ngati rakaipaaka from te wairoa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 October, 2006 12:27 pm
te ngahere OWC
(@te-ngahere-owc)

Kia Ora Koe, Thank you for your info, I guess the whanau is spread all over the place.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 October, 2006 11:06 pm
delmar OWC
(@delmar-owc)

Kia ora Ngahere,yes family well spread there are Mihaere living in Wairoa,who belong to this iwi,Trevor Mihaere may still be there also look in the Phone directory,This whanau also extend to the Sth Island.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 November, 2006 7:02 pm
Ri OWC
(@ri-owc)

Ae, the Mihaere's are quite widespread. I'm a Mihaere from Ruakituri, Wairoa on my grandfathers side - Ko Maurice Mihaere tona ingoa, i mate ia i te 80's. Koro had 6 kids, 5 boys (my dad being the eldest) and 1 girl. Rad thing about the whole Mihaere whanau is that I only know our lot koro's lot. No doubt Dad'll know some other Mihaere's in Wairoa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 November, 2006 10:38 am
te ngahere OWC
(@te-ngahere-owc)

Kia Ora Ri and Delmar, the information you provided is much appreciated. At least its a starting point anyway

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 November, 2006 10:58 pm
horigee OWC
(@horigee-owc)

Kia ora ehoa
Kei te mohio koe ki a Charles Mihare?
No Iwitea ia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2007 10:57 pm
ramosnz OWC
(@ramosnz-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora, I would like to know some information in regards to this whanau. Hapu, iwi and marae would be helpful. I have some information already but would like to extend the picture a bit more. I believe that this whanau is of Ngati Rakaipaaka hapu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2007 8:02 am
ramosnz OWC
(@ramosnz-owc)

quote:

From what I have found there are two different family lines and there maybe more but the two distinct lines are from Whakatohea/Torere and the other line is from Maniapoto.

The Maniapoto line derived from Mihaere Ihakara swapping his names to become Ihakara Mihaere.

I am related to both. I am a Maniapoto Mihaere and my mother is of Ngati Rakaipaaka as she is a Whaanga. She has said in the past that she is related to the other Mihaere line from Wairoa and Torere so there maybe some truth to an link to Rakaipaaka. The Name Puni and Albert Mihaere are whanau from Wairoa but they may have moved from their.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2007 8:10 am
killashandrah OWC
(@killashandrah-owc)

quote:

Kia ora ramos, yes there is a Mihaere family in Wairoa, one of my friends is from that family. If you would like some more info, email me at killashandrah@gmail.com and I'll forward your email

Marie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2007 8:09 pm
cokez OWC
(@cokez-owc)

kia ora. I'm a mihaere from torere Ngaitai.
MY grandparents are Bill and Edna and my parents are Hubert and Morro and Fred Mihaere is my stepfather.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 July, 2007 5:48 pm
meanjarma OWC
(@meanjarma-owc)

kia ora whanau i would like some info of Te Rauhina marae iwi hapu etc just trying to find my blood lines through the mihaere lines

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 February, 2008 12:02 pm
Share: