Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MOHAKA  

RSS
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

KIA ORA KOUTOU

NO MOHAKA AHAU
KO MOHAKA TE AWA
KO TAWHIRIRANGI TE MAUNGA
KO TAKITIMU TE WAKA
KO TE KAHU O TE RANGI TE MARAE
KO NGATI PAHAUWERA TE HAPU
KO NGATI KAHUNGUNU TE IWI
TIHEI MAURI ORA!!

If anyone has any info about this place could you please let me know cos i've only been there a few times and don't really know much about it.

Kia Ora

Posted : 20 April, 2006 11:17 pm
Riki_Puki_Iraia OWC
(@riki_puki_iraia-owc)

ae ae kia ora ano kotiro lol
mena e pirangi ana koe ki te mohio e pa ana ki tenei wahi,patae atu ki te kaumtua a charley lambert.pea ia uncle goerge may b? kare au he nama lol.so gud luck hahahahahahahahaaaaaaa
id like to kno some info aswell.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2006 1:49 am
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Yeah easily said then done cuz!! because i'm now living in oz it's not easy to contact those two and when i ask uncle george questions about that place for some reason he don't know?? Uncle george is more into the Ratana Religion then the History side of things, and that's not a bad thing

NGATI PAHAUWERA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2006 11:59 am
shelb69_gtown OWC
(@shelb69_gtown-owc)

quote:

KIA ORA KOUTOU

NO MOHAKA AHAU
KO MOHAKA TE AWA
KO TAKITIMU TE WAKA
TIHEI MAURI ORA!!

If anyone has any info about this place could you please let me know cos i've only been there a few times and don't really know much about it.

Kia Ora

Tena koe ehoa.

Ki te taha o toku whaea.
Ko Takitimu toku waka
Ko Maunga Haruru toku maunga
Ko Ngati Kahungunu toku Iwi
Ko Ngati Pahauwera toku Hapu
Ko Te Huki Raupunga toku Marae

Arohamai kia koe.

I have much information on what you are asking. I have names of contacts, (Ngati Pahauwera Incorporated Society) Marae Committee, Trustees and also photos of the area and Marae both Mohaka and Raupunga.

Should you wish to know more or would like these information please contact me on michelle.brown@twor.ac.nz

Naku noa iti
Michelle

Edited by - shelb69_gtown on May 15 2006 1:18:30 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 May, 2006 1:06 pm
allikat1 OWC
(@allikat1-owc)

Kia Ora, my name is Allister Walker. My mother is from Wairoa, although she was brought up at Frasertown, Hangaroa amongst other places. Mum even went to Waihua School for a little while.

When my Aunty, Ina Hamilton (nee Walker) was on her death bed, she told my sisters that our real grandfather was a Gemmell from Mohaka. I have no evidence of this, Aunty's whaanau said that she was delusional at the time as she was near death when she made these revelations.

I am not so sure; I never knew Aunty to speak incoherently at any stage of her sickness, even when she was really ill. I have met members of the Gemmell whaanau and they have made me welcome; I feel totally at ease with them, even if I haven't known them very long.

My mother was in Whakatane once, and a lady asked my sister who's that lady that came in the shop with you? Huia said; that's my mother. The lady then replied she looks like my Aunty. Huia asked who her aunty is to which she replied she's a Gemmell.

An old man in Rotorua said to me at the pub; you look my whaanau fom Wairoa. I said, who'd your whaanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 October, 2006 12:10 am
allikat1 OWC
(@allikat1-owc)

Sorry, I accidently clicked the post new reply button. Please read my previous post, otherwise this will make no sense whatsoever.

Anyway as I was saying to the koroua; who's your whaanau. He said the Gemmells. I look like my mother, so was it coincidence? maybe.

I know this is not any sort of real proof of my mum's origins, but that's the point. Is there anyone out there who could help me to find out one way or the other if I really am a Gemmell or not. If I am not one, then maybe someone could help me find which whaanau I belong to in Wairoa. I carry the whakapapa for my father's side of the family which is Whaanau aa Apanui and Ngaati Porou. I would really like to find out about my other side as I feel awkward only knowing one part.

So if anyone has any information which could be of help to me, please get in touch with me and I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers
Allister

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 October, 2006 12:18 am
pahauwerapeepz OWC
(@pahauwerapeepz-owc)

quote:

Sorry, I accidently clicked the post new reply button. Please read my previous post, otherwise this will make no sense whatsoever.

Anyway as I was saying to the koroua; who's your whaanau. He said the Gemmells. I look like my mother, so was it coincidence? maybe.

I know this is not any sort of real proof of my mum's origins, but that's the point. Is there anyone out there who could help me to find out one way or the other if I really am a Gemmell or not. If I am not one, then maybe someone could help me find which whaanau I belong to in Wairoa. I carry the whakapapa for my father's side of the family which is Whaanau aa Apanui and Ngaati Porou. I would really like to find out about my other side as I feel awkward only knowing one part.

So if anyone has any information which could be of help to me, please get in touch with me and I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers
Allister

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2006 12:35 pm
pahauwerapeepz OWC
(@pahauwerapeepz-owc)

Kia Ora Allister,

My name is Dylanjah Biddle i live in Raupunga which is a part of the Ngati Pahauwera hapu. I read your notice on the board. If you are wanting to get in touch with someone about the Gemmell whanau, it would be best that you contact Bettie Gemmell on 06 8376 505, she is the other of the Gemmell whanau in our area and would be able to give you a bit of info about the gemmell whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2006 12:45 pm
TePaea22 OWC
(@tepaea22-owc)

quote:

quote:

KIA ORA KOUTOU

NO MOHAKA AHAU
KO MOHAKA TE AWA
KO TAKITIMU TE WAKA
TIHEI MAURI ORA!!

Kia Ora

Tena koe ehoa.

Ki te taha o toku whaea.
Ko Takitimu toku waka
Ko Maunga Haruru toku maunga
Ko Ngati Kahungunu toku Iwi
Ko Ngati Pahauwera toku Hapu
Ko Te Huki Raupunga toku Marae

Arohamai kia koe.

I have much information on what you are asking. I have names of contacts, (Ngati Pahauwera Incorporated Society) Marae Committee, Trustees and also photos of the area and Marae both Mohaka and Raupunga.

Should you wish to know more or would like these information please contact me on michelle.brown@twor.ac.nz

Naku noa iti
Michelle

Edited by - shelb69_gtown on May 15 2006 1:18:30 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2007 2:12 pm
Share: