Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngai Takoto  

RSS
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia ora Whanau

Does anyone know any whakapapa or whakatauki's concerning Ngai Takoto,
any help would be much appreciated, thank you

Posted : 03 August, 2006 8:01 am
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora

What is your family name?

There is a website with info about the marae.

Most of the Ngatakoto history is recorded via church records as the Anglicans have a great influence on the area and the tribe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 August, 2006 4:17 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia Ora sis

Hemi or James is the last name, from Kaimaumau,i dont even know if Kaimaumau is in Ngai Takoto, I was told anyways, any Help would be much appreciated, thanking you

We cant live on love and pipis alone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 August, 2006 6:37 am
awanui OWC
(@awanui-owc)

I know the Hemis. You're whanau and usually belong to the Paparore Marae.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 August, 2006 2:38 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia ora Awanui

Where is Paparore? sorry im jus finding out, and do you know da Hemi whakapapa? any help would be much appreciated. thanx

We can't live on love and pipi's alone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 August, 2006 7:16 am
Nga Hau e Wha OWC
(@nga-hau-e-wha-owc)

The Ngaitakoto people are concentrated around Waipapakauri, Waimonone and Awanui. See the section on Marae under directories above. The marae at Waimonone is called 'Wikitoria'. The next closest one on the Taipa Road is Marimaru. There are two marae on the Paparore Road.
From Kaitaia heading north after 7kms you pass Awanui township crossroads. Turn right to the direction Taipa for Marimaru. Or keep heading north as straight ahead after a couple of kms on the right is Waimonone Lane. You will see the Maori Party flag flying first outside the Hawawira household. Then on the other side of the lane is the Waimonone Marae. Approximately 4kms on is the Waipapakauri bend right (drive slowly). Approximately 3 kms further north on the right is the Paparore Road turn off, (there has been recent roadworks to change the entry). Shortly after there is a marae on the right side (I have forgotten the name). If you continue slowly down the unsealed road for approximately 3 - 4 kms it turns a sweeping left. You will see a building on the left and a little further on there is a right hand turn off follow this down and you will see the second Paparore Marae. At this Marae I met the two Hemi elders. There is an 11am meeting here every Sunday for the Ratana Church with food afterwards (welcome to bring a plate). Back on the main road furth north is the right hand turn off for Kaimaumau Township. Kaimaumau does not have a Marae and uses either Paparore, Waimonone or Marimaru Marae for weddings, funerals, meetings etc.

Edited by - Nga Hau e Wha on Sep 01 2006 04:26:38 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 August, 2006 4:19 pm
Maori2792
(@maori2792)

He iti marangai, tu ana te pa hukahuka he iti Pioke no Rangaunu he au tona

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2019 7:06 pm
Share: