Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NGAITERANGI, MATAATUA, TAURANGA, WAIHI DISTRICTS  

RSS
gigguys OWC
(@gigguys-owc)

I am wanting to fulfill my pepeha for my Te Ara Reo Class. I have the Maunga, Moana, waka and iwi of Ngaiterangi but would like to know awa, rohe, wahi, hapu and marae. If you know how I can locate these, i would greatly appreciate the information. My Whanau lived in the Waihi district. My gt grandfather was born in te Wairoa. This may help.
Thanks

Posted : 09 June, 2005 12:27 am
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

kia ora e hoa

I know exactly how you feel... I too had to post here to find the other half of my pepehe for Te Ara Reo.
Have faith... it took a couple of weeks but the whanau here came through for me.
Try Ngaiterangi in goggle... they have a home site but if you have no luck there go to Ngatiranginui@groups.msn.com. The manager of that site 'the know all' will be able to help.

good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 June, 2005 9:46 pm
gardr OWC
(@gardr-owc)

quote:

I am wanting to fulfill my pepeha for my Te Ara Reo Class. I have the Maunga, Moana, waka and iwi of Ngaiterangi but would like to know awa, rohe, wahi, hapu and marae. If you know how I can locate these, i would greatly appreciate the information. My Whanau lived in the Waihi district. My gt grandfather was born in te Wairoa. This may help.
Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2008 2:55 pm
Chris Huriwai OWC
(@chris-huriwai-owc)

I don't know about the waihi area but I'm from Matapihi.

Ngai Te Rangi as far as i know don't have an awa, just moana. and the two hapu i whakapapa to are Ngai Tukairangi and Ngati Tapu. Ngai Tukairangi marae is Waikari and Ngai Tukairangi is Hungahungatoroa.

The boundries of Ngai Te Rangi sort of mish mash with those of the other tribes of Tauranga Moana, Ngati Pukenga and Ngati Ranginui. But they go from Bowentown down the coast to Papamoa and inland from the Otawa Mountains to the Kaimais.

Hope that helps a little, sorry i couldn't be more specific to your area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 7:09 pm
Share: