Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngapuhi Sub Tribe?  

RSS
deeproots OWC
(@deeproots-owc)

We are wanting to organise a carved 21st key with relevant Ngapuhi design. A friend asked what sub tribe is my Dad from. So my question is how do we go about finding out what sub tribe he is from and is there such a design relating to the ngapuhi people? Appreciate any help 21st is in 4 weeks and no carver on the horizon as yet. We are in Brisbane Australia.

Posted : 27 June, 2005 2:34 pm
Phebs OWC
(@phebs-owc)

Kia ora
Which part of the north is your dad from? that should indicate which hapu (sub tribe) he is. Let us know here and we will help you out. 4 weeks to get a key carved in Brisbane is cutting it fine. Others on this site may know a carver on your side of the ditch.
Hei kona Phebs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 June, 2005 9:21 pm
deeproots OWC
(@deeproots-owc)

Kia Ora Phebs
Thanks for your reply. My Dad is from Kaikohe. I have been put in touch with a master carver on the Gold Coast and just spoke to him today and he can help us out. I would appreciate any info about Dad's hapu though so we can inform this carver.
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2005 12:20 am
Phebs OWC
(@phebs-owc)

Kia ora ano go to the Ngapuhi web site www.ngapuhi.nz It will give you information about Kaikohe. Well done in finding a carver. Hope the 21st goes well.
Phebs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 July, 2005 10:06 pm
deeproots OWC
(@deeproots-owc)

Thanks Phebs
The 21st was fantastic, the whanau young & old performed the haka for our son and the carved key is awesome. It tells the story from my Dad's heritage thru to Ben (my son)living in the 2 worlds 1 maori and the other pakeha which his my hubby's heritage. His grandfather explained the key as we presented it to him very emotional stuff. So if you or anyone else needs a carver his name is Jack Berryman.
Thanks again
Tracey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 July, 2005 12:49 am
whaeakiri OWC
(@whaeakiri-owc)

Kia ora deeproots,
I live in Brizzy too and is wanting a 50th and 21st carving done for my dad and sister coming up. How can I get a hold of Jack Berryman.
Na whaeakiri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 June, 2006 10:16 pm
deeproots OWC
(@deeproots-owc)

quote:

Kia ora deeproots,
I live in Brizzy too and is wanting a 50th and 21st carving done for my dad and sister coming up. How can I get a hold of Jack Berryman.
Na whaeakiri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2006 4:36 pm
deeproots OWC
(@deeproots-owc)

[quote]
[quote]
Kia ora deeproots,
Na whaeakiri

Text
Kia Ora
Can you give me your e-mail so I can give you his details.
Cheers
Deeproots

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2006 4:40 pm
carameldeluxe OWC
(@carameldeluxe-owc)

HEY ANY OF YOU GUYS IF YOU LIVE IN AUSTRALIA I CAN SAVE YOU SOME MONEY ON YOUR TOLL BILLS..IF YOUR INTERESTED...
HOW DO YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR WHANAU IN AOTEAROA LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SEE IF I CAN HELP YOU OUT.......LOT OF MAORIS IN OZZY??? WHAT ARE YOU'S DOING THERE??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2007 2:00 pm
Share: