Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngati Hamua  

RSS
Elsa Kupa OWC
(@elsa-kupa-owc)

Kia ora
I am trying to research Ngati Hamua ki Rangitaiki. Ko Mapou te marae, ko Rongotangiawa te whare tipuna, ko Te Kiriwera Hana te wharekai.
I would like to know how this hapu got its name and is it in relation to a tipuna or something else.

Mauri ora

Posted : 16 November, 2006 9:53 pm
anaru7 OWC
(@anaru7-owc)

Kia ora Elsa,
im a new member, just read this today.Ngati Hamua I am familiar with and Rangitaiki i am also familiar with in my research. the Ngati Hamua i know is of Rangitane descent. Te korou or Retimana Te korou, te Ariki, Kaikokirikiri te pa. history saw a large movement of the people during those times.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2008 4:05 pm
Maumoana OWC
(@maumoana-owc)

Kia ora Elsa,

You will find the people of Mapou Marae are regarded as Tuhoe. Ngati Hamua is the same Ngati Hamua at Waikirikiri Marae in Ruatoki.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2008 3:58 pm
Share: