Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngati HINEIRA - Tukarawa Te Pou Northern connection  

RSS
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Can Anyone help looking for Hapuu Ngati Hineira Northland through my Tipuna Tukarawa Te Pou or his wife Harimate Pukekura

Posted : 25 January, 2006 3:05 pm
mindora OWC
(@mindora-owc)

Hello hinemako,My Tupuna's are also Tukarawa Te Pou and Harimate Pukekura,My grandfather is Motu Tukarawa their son,who married Sarah Astle, whose father is William Astle and her mother Mary Poharama. My Father isThomas/Tamati Motu or Motutara. My grandfather had my father usehisChristian name Motu (Motutara) as his surname. You can enail me dorrick123@hotmail.com to which I will try to help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 1:15 am
motutara
(@motutara)

Kia ora Hine mako,

I saw your posting about Tukarawa and Harimate,

I was a hui a few years ago where Aunty Lucina (Uruhina) Woller gave our whakapapa from Te Pou to Tukarawa and Harimate. She didn't mention a northern connection but did say Harimate was from Taranaki. Last I heard she was at Meremere. Another one who might be able to help is Warena Taua. He is a spokesperson for the Kawerau a Maki poeple in Waitakere in Auckland. He gave me some whakapapa from Naho down to Te Pou. I don't have it with me as it is at home.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2007 10:52 am
motutara1 OWC
(@motutara1-owc)

Kia ora
just brosing posting and I spotted ppl Im sure Im related to would love to catch up rite@ihug.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 October, 2007 8:08 am
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Kia ora whanau,
Thank you for all your responses e nga whanaunga, I have since found alot of our whakapapa to Hauraki, Taranaki, Ngapuhi....

But...
Still this Ngati Hineira alludes me Im just wondering if it was ment to be Ngati Hine (aa-maru) and not Hineira???? because Maurea Marae is promanant Ngati Hine (Waikato) and from my own Kuia has confirmed this....

Naku noa nei

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 December, 2007 11:33 pm
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

I have some information to do with the Motatau hearings from the early 20th century. Ngati Hineira is a bonafide group of people. I also think I have some basic whakapapa information?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 December, 2007 3:51 am
motutara1 OWC
(@motutara1-owc)

cuz, I just got some info,i was told Harimate was from Ngati Hineitu, Nga Puhi,she was my great great grand mother, hope that helps, still got your number cuz cal u soon
Gina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 February, 2008 1:42 pm
Share: