Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NGATI KONOHI WHANAU  

RSS
shergreen OWC
(@shergreen-owc)

Ko Pukehapopo te maunga, Ko Waiomoko te awa, Ko Whitireia raua ko Waho te Rangi nga wharenui, Ko Paikea te tangata, Ko Ngati Konohi te iwi

Whangara marae restoration project NEEDS their whanau to help fundraise for the restoration of the wharepaku. the Paikea Whitireia Trustees have managed to fundraise for the majority of the money required to complete the much needed ablution block. This is a message to all of our whanau to get in behind this project. To date both wharenui have been upgraded and we have expended our first grants on protecting these (fire safety sprinklers etc) our second stage is the wharepaku (to be completed this year), and finally our wharekai will be next. The day to day expenses of running our marae are such that we are having to call upon you all for help. We are continuing to tap into other funders also and have been successful with a number of them however, we are also having to firstly raise one third of the the money sought from Lotteries. For more information please contact myself or other members of the Trust - our PO Box is 3113, Gisborne. This is not a "scam" but a request to our whanau - I do not wish to be receiving any funds personally - as Aunty Hae is the treasurer please direct your pledges to her. For our wharepaku alone we are looking at raising a further $70,000. Nga mihi mahana ki a koutou me to whanau hoki. Na, Sher Green (Deputy Chairperson - Paikea Whitireia Trust)

Posted : 22 May, 2006 2:33 pm
Share: