Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NGATI PAWA/NGATI WHAWHAKIA  

RSS
arohalove OWC
(@arohalove-owc)

I would like to know the marae and relevant info like what waka etc and maybe relevant contacts for someone to talk to im new to the whakapapa subject so any help would be greatly recieved.I live in chch if this is of any help.

Posted : 10 February, 2006 2:35 pm
Himiona OWC
(@himiona-owc)

Hey Aroha, It's Anna here...Abe's daughter ! Your second cousin I think .... I taught you and TJ how rock'n'roll dance many years ago !!!

Ko Tainui te waka
Ko Waikato te iwi
Ko Taupiri te maunga
Ko Te Kauri to marae
Ko Ngati Whawhaakia te hapu

I've just discovered this great site. Any how, I too am trying to get a sense of the whakapapa.
I've found out some bits and pieces, and I see you are trying to find out about our Tupuna Pirihira Hori Rongo....me too !

Email me at himiona@hotmail.com and I'll let you know what I know. It's great that there's someone elso who's interested too, especially as growing up in Christchurch, you feel a little bit disconnected.

Take care,

Anna
xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 February, 2006 8:24 am
arohalove OWC
(@arohalove-owc)

Hey it just dawned on me its you anna fancy that well yeah im just starting to get alot of info together and i am at the moment getting pictures and info and publishing a form of whakapapa book so i have alot of old photos of nana can you believe it and grandad wow how different they were back then i even have one of your dad haha.
So i also have a task of finding out my fathers side so i am very busy.
As for the hidden info youre right but it goes into alot more almost spiritual and we need to tread carefully and ask for permission from the tupuna as to be careful not to step on toes if you know what i mean i will talk soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2006 11:26 am
Jaimee OWC
(@jaimee-owc)

hi im just trying to find some info on a rangimoni i dont know much about her only that she is ngati whawhakia and or ngati pou she is my dads mum she lived and died in rangiriri in the 1950s just want to know if u or anyone know anything about her would be great if you do if not its worth the time if anything does come up please email me people at mzjay_2144@yahoo.com.au thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 April, 2006 4:30 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora arohalove

As your friend pointed out Te Kauri is a marae of Ngati Whawhakia as is Kaitumutumu and Te Ohaki.

I also noticed you mention Ngati Pawa? Are you sure that is not Ngati Paoa? The pronouciation is similar as I have never heard of Pawa in our area. (Huntly)

If it is Paoa then again the Waka is Tainui. One of the marae is at Kaiaua. A good contact would be Hauraki Maori Trust board for information regarding Ngati Paoa.

If it is Pawa then arohamai I have not information on that hapu.

For Ngati Whawhakia try Tainui trust or Waahi Whanui Trust for information.

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2006 11:41 am
Share: