Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngati Rarawa / Waimirirangi Marae / Waihou  

RSS
Angela Houkamau OWC
(@angela-houkamau-owc)

I am a decendent of Eru Witana and Maria Te Waru they were my grandparents. I understand that I am connected to Ngati Rarawa and the Waimirirangi Marae in Waihou. I would really love to know my waka, awa and mounga and other connections I may have. Can someone please help with this.

Posted : 06 September, 2007 10:51 am
kiniba OWC
(@kiniba-owc)

Kia Ora Angela
Neat to see your message. Have just returned to Auckland from home, Waihou. Yes definitely Te Rarawa in the Hokianga. As Im only new on this website, can only suggest that if you see the name Samson on here anywhere, ie/:Samson from the same marae, you will know that they too are of (they are the!!) the Witana family. They can help you. Anyway hope theyv'e already been in touch with you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 September, 2007 11:39 pm
Angela Houkamau OWC
(@angela-houkamau-owc)

Thanks for this. I have a cousin who is the daughter of Jack and Sarah Samson. She is a little slow at sharing the whakapapa but I will keep asking. I will look out for the name of site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 September, 2007 8:49 am
Mana-Wahine OWC
(@mana-wahine-owc)

Kia Ora,

Im new to this but was wanting to find my papa's whanau,My name is Chazztene Samson,My grandparents are Mike Witana and Patsy Tau (Patricia) who had 4 childeren 2 are deceased but my father is Michael Samson. I dont know any information about my PApa's side and wish i knew more.I never really got to see my grandfather but he is the eldest, has a brother uncle Robby and i met two of his sisters when i was younger mereana.i would like to know more about my whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2007 6:39 pm
Angela Houkamau OWC
(@angela-houkamau-owc)

My cousin is called Neta Samson her parents were Jack Samson and Sarah Witana. I don't know any other details but will ask her about your grandparents and see if she knows them and the line.... be back when I can

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2007 10:14 pm
Gemini G OWC
(@gemini-g-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Angela,

Firstly, nga waka. There is Ngatokimatawhaorua. The next waka is Tinana. The next waka is Raukaramea. The next waka is Tainui. The next waka is Kurahaupo. The next waka is Mamari and Ngatokimatahorua. These are the wakas' all connected to Waimirirangi and her husband Haehaerau.

Waimirirangi, was the daughter of Tunui A Tawheta. She was also known as the Queen of Nga Puhi. And she belongs to us (Ngati Hine) also.

We have a book of all her Whakapapa.

Her River was known as Whangape. And the Maungas' were known as Maunga Hukatere and the other, Whaungatauatia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 January, 2008 2:04 pm
Gemini G OWC
(@gemini-g-owc)
Eminent Member

Go to the top >>>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 March, 2008 5:44 pm
Share: