Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngati Taramatau  

RSS
nikki OWC
(@nikki-owc)

Tena koutou katoa. I am trying to find information about Ngati Taramatau hapu. I am rather confused as to which side it is off but my Mum said my Koro always reinforced that to the kids as one of the hapu, either off his Mum's side or his wife's (my Nanny). Infact they also named one of my uncles this (he is since deceased). If it is any help my Nanny is Mihi Tana Turner, who passed away in the 1960s and my Koro is Hiakai Jack Uerata, who passed away in 1986. They are both laid to rest in Opunake, Taranaki but are both from Waikato/Maniapoto. Unfortunately because Mum was whangai'd to this side she doesn't know too much (although both sides were whanaunga of some sort), and most of the whanau on that side have since passed on. If anyone can please help me out with some information about Ngati Taramatau I would be so very grateful - anything no matter how small would be greatly appreciated. Nga mihi, Nikki

Posted : 10 January, 2007 11:07 am
Share: