Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NGATI WHARE  

RSS
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Hi There,
Can anyone tell me what Marae Ngati Whare from the Coromandel area associates with? Have recently found out my ggggg grandfather's hapu is Ngati Whare. I assume it is in the Coromandel area as they are buried in Manaia.
Thanks heaps..

Posted : 19 July, 2006 4:14 pm
Snicolac liked
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

kia ora ehoa

is ngati whare the hapu or iwi?? i belong to that hapu and it is in the uruwera's. No where near the coromandels

Bex

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 July, 2006 7:54 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Hi Becks,

Thanks for the reply. I think it is the hapu? I thought that Ngati Whare had a link to the Coromandel area as my ggggrandad lived there with his family. I have come to conclusion that maybe he moved to the Coromandel area.

By any chance you haven't heard the following names as these are his parent and I am trying to find out where they come from.

Their names are Marumaru Raharuhi or Paharuhi? His wife's name is Pirihira Kaha? My ggggrandad is Anaru Marumaru who married Ngarere Samuels.

Cheers for the reply.
Rukuwai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 July, 2006 8:06 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

No sorry, i can't say i heard of those names. but i am also possitive that if you keep asking you will get a reply. so sorry i couldn't help you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 August, 2006 7:35 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

kai te tautoko noa nei au i na korero a becks,he iwi a ngati whare no te whaitinui a toi,tera he muka whakaroto ra i te urewera.

i only know bout da ngati whare from te whaiti aye,neva heard of annuda.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 August, 2006 1:16 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Thanks so much for the reply...much appreciated!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 August, 2006 2:47 pm
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

Ngati Whare is also a hapu of Ngati Whanaunga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 August, 2006 5:55 pm
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

http://www.haurakimaori.co.nz/ <--- ask these knowledgable ones.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 August, 2006 5:56 pm
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

My iwi are Ngati Whanaunga and Ngati Paoa from the Hauraki region (infact, thats the only region these two Tainui iwi are based in). Te Horeta Te Taniwha was an important tupuna, an ariki, he met Captain Cook as a small boy.

Hauraki is not well known by outsiders, we don't disseminate our korero via means such as the internet. I recommend you going to that place itself and asking the local people in Coromandel (the city) itself. They're more than obliged to help when they can see you face to face.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 August, 2006 6:00 pm
ponieta OWC
(@ponieta-owc)

Kia Ora,
I had a friend/co-worker by the name of Lawrence Raharuhi working with me in Sydney Australia.He left almost a year ago to go back to the Bay of Islands.Dont know if its the same Whanau.Good Luck.Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 August, 2006 1:14 pm
Snicolac
(@snicolac)

Kia ora, I am ngati whare hapu from manaia, my tūpuna are also buried there, and our mārae is in thames, we descend from marutuahu and are registered as Ngati maru iwi, Ngati whare hapu. If you ever visit their graveside my whanau are buried directly to the front right.  The mārae or land where it is in manaia were gifted to ngati pukenga through assista ce of war but we also share this mārae too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2019 11:00 pm
Topdog
(@topdog)

Teena koe yes that's the Urupa called pumoko they are around the church at the front bro 

Ngati Whare is a Hapu of Ngati Maru I live here at Manaia 

Nga Mihi 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 June, 2019 2:26 am
Topdog
(@topdog)

Kia ora yes Anaru Marumaru is from here at Manaia they are Ngati Whare a Hapu of Ngati Maru these are my wife's family

Commonly known here as the Marumaru whanau 

Ngati Maru Hauraki Tuturu 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 June, 2019 2:33 am
Share: