Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngatihine  

RSS
maori__pwincezz OWC
(@maori__pwincezz-owc)

kia ora, im jus being curious as to what are the boundaries of Ngatihine? Like where does it start and finish? from ??? to ???
im not sure at all???

Posted : 03 August, 2006 1:16 pm
baygal76 OWC
(@baygal76-owc)

Hi Josephine, ask your mum, she knows all of that!!! Youve got plenty of people in Motatau that will give you that answer, you got Uncle Pita, Wiwi, Kevin, Tohe, you got them at ya fingertips so dont be shy!!!! Patai!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 August, 2006 10:46 pm
maori__pwincezz OWC
(@maori__pwincezz-owc)

HoLe Phyl!!! i didnt kno u wea on hia! man nah i dnt wana ask the whanau over here... they automaticly think that coz my mum is ole maori maori carver lady that i should know all this maori stuff lolz... lolz keepin it on the down low.... but danx neway phyl.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 August, 2006 11:29 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia maori pwincezz

Ngati hine is part of Waikato. They are basically neighbors to us in Matahuru. If you have an email address I can send you an old map that outlines some of Ngati Hine's land boundaries as they were in the early 1800's. This land now belongs to various farmers as it may have been confiscated or sold many years ago. Hope that helps and let me know if you want the map.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 11:11 am
te ngahere OWC
(@te-ngahere-owc)

Tena Koe, Check out the ngati hine website or the Ngati Hine Forestry Trust. I'm not sure as to the web addresses but can find it on google. I'm sure the info u need is on the Ngati Hine website though.
I know it covers a wide tract of land, but also have limited knowledge as to where it starts and ends.
Ma te waa e whanaunga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 October, 2006 10:58 pm
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Maori Pwincezz Kia ora,
Just to Tautoko me whanaunga Matahuru he patai taaku..
Which Ngati Hine Hapu faction are you speaking of? Waikato or Ngapuhi?

Edited by - hinemako on Nov 16 2006 8:33:39 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2006 8:32 pm
riwhia OWC
(@riwhia-owc)

Kia Ora.
Ko Riwhia tooku ingoa
No ngapuhi ahau
No ngati hine tooku hapu

As far as I know we cover the whangarei rohe and its outskirts up to the B.O.I.

Both my parents are Ngati Hine and that is what I was taught. Please correct me if I'm wrong

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 4:33 am
Share: