Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

No more information  

RSS
Maggie3000 OWC
(@maggie3000-owc)

No more information

Edited by - Maggie3000 on Jul 09 2007 12:23:59 PM

Edited by - Maggie3000 on Jan 14 2008 1:21:41 PM

Posted : 14 September, 2005 1:58 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Maggie3000,
You dont have to listen to me I'm just a little chicky babe, but I noticed that you posted this a few days ago. I dont really know your whakapapa, but I know I am related to a few Edwards from Tainui, three uncles I only remember by name now, Charlie, Sundance and Smokey (of who I know passed away a few years ago now). I dont know much but what I've been told is you can get your permission from the whanau, hapu, Iwi in this case it sounds like you should see the maori queen about it, she knows heaps of whakapapa, my aunt saw her about a korowai pattern she proposed to create, it included whakapapa and all kinds, beautiful design. No one can say anything about it, because it was seen by the Ariki and accepted as representing all the whanau, marae and hapū that make up our family...
Goodluck in your search...

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 September, 2005 6:03 pm
Maggie3000 OWC
(@maggie3000-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Maggie3000,
You dont have to listen to me I'm just a little chicky babe, but I noticed that you posted this a few days ago. I dont really know your whakapapa, but I know I am related to a few Edwards from Tainui, three uncles I only remember by name now, Charlie, Sundance and Smokey (of who I know passed away a few years ago now). I dont know much but what I've been told is you can get your permission from the whanau, hapu, Iwi in this case it sounds like you should see the maori queen about it, she knows heaps of whakapapa, my aunt saw her about a korowai pattern she proposed to create, it included whakapapa and all kinds, beautiful design. No one can say anything about it, because it was seen by the Ariki and accepted as representing all the whanau, marae and hapū that make up our family...
Goodluck in your search...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2005 11:38 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Tena koe maggie
I'm first direct descendant of rereahu.

my great grandparents names wairehu tehuia married tamera edwards.(I wonder you know tamera).

Before both my grandparents died I was supposed to wear moko. I havn't no moko, but happy to know my whakapapa.
kia ora huiabird

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2005 8:13 pm
Ree OWC
(@ree-owc)

Kia ora Maggie

I am from Kawhia (Maketu Marae), and may be able help with your search. May I suggest to you that you might like to go back to your mothers marae and korero to the whanau. I might be able to get some contact names and numbers for you to make contact with the whanau as I am going back to Kawhia this weekend. Just one question, Who is your brother that is living in Kawhia?

Cheers
Ree

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 September, 2005 4:35 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora ano Maggie,
My greatgrandfather spent a bit of time in Kawhia (early-in-the-century). I forgot to mention that before, his name was Poihakena Materoa and married a Tainui wahine by the name of Ngarongo Clarke, one of their sons who just happens to be my grand-dad was Johnny Materoa. Anyway I had this brilliant idea that had nothing really to do with the tamoko request but thought there maybe Maori Land Court records that show who your tupuna are and the blocks. You could check out the local maori trusts like Ruapuha Uekaha Hapu Trust, from around the Waitomo area. I called Tainui enquiring about whakapapa. You can ring them, I always find that they are always polite and very helpful.
Well, all the best in your search.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 1:38 am
Maggie3000 OWC
(@maggie3000-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Maggie

I am from Kawhia (Maketu Marae), and may be able help with your search. May I suggest to you that you might like to go back to your mothers marae and korero to the whanau. I might be able to get some contact names and numbers for you to make contact with the whanau as I am going back to Kawhia this weekend. Just one question, Who is your brother that is living in Kawhia?

Cheers
Ree

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2005 11:05 pm
Ree OWC
(@ree-owc)

Kia Ora Maggie
I have contacted you on your email address.

Look Forward to hearing from you
Ree

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 October, 2005 3:56 pm
Share: