Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Omanaia  

RSS
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau,

Does anyone know the history regarding Omanaia and how it got its name, it's the Omanaia up north.

We Can't live on love and pipi's alone.

Posted : 30 August, 2006 10:19 pm
gina OWC
(@gina-owc)

Tena Koe Te Kuta

I know this is an old post but I am just perusing different korero to help me on my whakapapa quest. According to my whanau (Beazley) book there was a chief called Manaia who sailed up the Toukahawai river. In the river stood an over-sized rock which at present is about 300 m from the present marae. When Manaia got to this rock he decided to have lunch on it. In those days food meant ot the Maori "oa" So basically it means the food of Manaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2006 1:26 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia Ora sis,

Thanx for that, it was for the mrs, coz she a Moka, chur

We can't live on love and pipi's alone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 December, 2006 11:12 pm
Share: