Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PA TE AROHA MARAE Whirinaki  

RSS
kassie OWC
(@kassie-owc)

Text

I have land shares in this block, and would like to know more about this block is their anything I should do,

Kia ora

Posted : 09 January, 2007 10:12 pm
nikki OWC
(@nikki-owc)

Kia ora kassie. I work at the Maori Land Court and the best thing for you to do (other than talk to whanau who know about the land) would be to contact the Taitokerau MLC in Whangarei. They can provide you with current and historical information about the block, such as who the original owners were and so forth. If you want to go in to see the records yourself the office is on Level 2, Manaia House, Rathbone St, Whangarei. Or to make a telephone enquiry just ring (09) 983-9940 and they would be happy to send you any information you require. Good luck and I hope this helps you a bit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 10:23 am
nikki OWC
(@nikki-owc)

You can also write to them at PO Box 1764, Whangarei. All written enquiries should be replied to within 10 working days. So there you now have all their contact details.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 10:26 am
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Kassie,

Check out the reply posted to "Your Land" posting.
Same info applies here.

However, you will find that Marae are usually registered on the National Reserves Register and have no monetary value.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 11:33 am
kassie OWC
(@kassie-owc)

Thanks for that I will be in contact with MLC

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 2:26 pm
Share: