Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POUTO MARAE info required  

RSS
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia Ora e te whanau,

Can I please have information pertaining to the matua marae of Ngatiwhatua ki te kaipara? I was advised this was Riripo marae, but the research has led me to find this marae was destroyed and never
re-erected, as a result a new marae was built, this is named Waikaretu. I would like information please pertaining to the matua marae, weather it be Rirpo or Waikaretu. I have visited Waikaretu and it doesn't appear to have any history there apart from photos, no tokutoku or carvings on display.

Kia Ora
Kim

Edited by - K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe on Jul 20 2006 12:48:07 PM

Posted : 20 July, 2006 11:27 am
corena OWC
(@corena-owc)

kia ora kim

no tuhoe ahau
but um ithink its cool that you are seeking information of Ngati Whatua sorry i cant help but hopefully you find what your looking for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2006 11:32 am
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia ora Corena,

Thank you for your support

Ka pai
Kim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2006 11:37 am
Share: