Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RAUKAWA CONNECTIONS  

RSS
Mowzee OWC
(@mowzee-owc)

Kia ora,
I'm tying to find our more info about my Koros side for my whakapapa.

My Koro was Te Nawe Thomas Little. His mothers name was Kahu Tawaru or Tawharu and his father was William Little, an Irishman who we believe worked on the Railways. My Koro has one half sister left who still lives in Otaki. Her name is Hira Royal and she is an Anglican minister. My Koro left Otaki when he was very young so he may not be known to anyone there anymore. He passed away 12 years ago.

We've always been brought up to acknowledge Ngati Raukawa as our Iwi but don't know much about the hapu or Marae.

Thanks

Edited by - Mowzee on Feb 21 2008 2:37:37 PM

Posted : 14 February, 2008 10:55 am
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Mowz,
I'm of Raukawa descent, my mum's a Royal( Roera). I go to Kikopiri marae hui every month which is north of Ōtaki.
This marae was built in 1894 by 5 son's of Te Roera Hūkiki who was one of the main chiefs of the Muhunoa area who signed the Treaty.
Email me & I can give you more details.
Mā te wā
nani

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 2:43 pm
westy OWC
(@westy-owc)

hi, My childrens Koro was Te Nawe Little and we have contact with this family and some Whakapapa. Thomas Te Nawe is buried here where we live in Trga. You can email me and I will help you as much as I can. Lisa westygirl67@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2008 7:29 pm
westy OWC
(@westy-owc)

I have a lovely photo of your Koro and his wife Henerangi Hapi, Very happy to copy it for you. Email me 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2008 7:34 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

I have aunty Hira's contact number, email me & I will give it to you e kare.
Arohanui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2008 1:39 pm
Share: