Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

SLADE, Hau: Help with my whakapapa.  

RSS
tumanako OWC
(@tumanako-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau,

I have been trying to trace my father's side of the family. I know all his brothers and sisters and I knew my grandfather Hau. Grand-dad married Matehuiruia Manukau. I never had the pleasure of meeting my Nan, but as for grand-dad, he lived with us when we were living at Takatu Point, near Warkworth. Dad is not one to talk much about his family, but because I know quite a bit about my Mum's side,(Pickering), I really would like to learn more about the Slade side. In the old days, apparently grand-dads surname was Tereiti, and they changed it to Slade so that the pakeha could say the name. All I know about grand-dad, is that he loved his gardening and helping Mum. I also know that we have alot of connection to Ngati Porou, which I am really proud to know about. So if there is anyone out there that knows anything at all about any of my whanau please touch base with me. Slades, Tereiti, Pickering, King, Rapana,Manukau.

Kia Ora Whanau
Arohanui

Violet

Posted : 16 February, 2006 8:41 pm
Share: