Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Tapui Marae: Matauri Bay  

RSS
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Kia ora e te whanau o tenei o nga marae i Nga Puhi
I just saw the panui when I went back home to my whanau back home that they having a kohi moni from all the whanau to mahi moni to do Tapui up.
I don't think, but know thats a good kaupapa for mahi moni and to bring the whanau s all back.

My koroua is from Matauri and buried up at Whakamuhu and my karani Kanarahi is buried over at Waiaua Bay where the Komene whanau is from, thats my karani's brother Komene. The Apiata are all my koros sisters uri and the Puru whanau, they all my koro's neices uri.
I am from the Hohaia line

Posted : 02 December, 2005 11:57 pm
rgaden@reconx.net.nz OWC
(@rgadenreconx-net-nz-owc)

kia ora TaMaiHuR,
good to know that long lost whanau are finally coming back to home grounds again.
Curiosity kills the cat here, because we all come from down the same kuia and I am direct descendant from Murimotu and the kuia Kanarahi. I come down both sons of Kanarahi. Heemi ra ko Ihaka. Both my parents are of the same blood line. Down to us.
Just wanting to know which koroua you come down from that's all. I live in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, Tapuika Te-Arawa is my grandmother whenu. My koroua Heemi married Rangipikitia Te Hokowhitu no Tapuika-Te Arawa.
ka kite whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2006 6:06 pm
rgaden@reconx.net.nz OWC
(@rgadenreconx-net-nz-owc)

The whanau and I went to Motukaraka, Hokianga 2 years ago for an unvieling and went back to see home grounds. How so much has changed since the 60's. Bye golly! We couldn't even find the rock we once played on when we were tamariki's outside the marae. Too many homes built around the marae not only that, hey it's got power. don't have to rely on Mr Kanara anymore.
Well behind times then.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2006 6:11 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Hey kia ora e Ra,
I already know you come down Rangipikitia and Hemi Turetahi...and I know your parents are my uncle and aunty...hehehe
By golly Imma gonna patu dat curious ngeru soon...hehehe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 April, 2006 11:28 am
Share: