Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Tauroa - Whangaroa area  

RSS
vuktor OWC
(@vuktor-owc)

Tena koutou, I am trying to verify what my grand-mother's waka, iwi, hapu and marae might be. She was a Tauroa of Pupuke, Whangaroa.

I have the following which I am hoping someone could verify or correct here:

WAKA: Ngatokimatawhaorua
IWI: Ngapuhi
HAPU: Te Aeto me Ngati rangi mata momoe
MARAE: unknown (forgive me, I live overseas)

If anyone could help with info it would be much appreciated. Kia ora.

Edited by - vuktor on Feb 02 2006 11:20:13 PM

Edited by - vuktor on Feb 06 2006 03:23:59 AM

Posted : 01 February, 2006 4:32 pm
Clarke Pihema OWC
(@clarke-pihema-owc)

kia ora my name is Clarke i am from Pupuke also, the Tauroa family are connected to the Pihema whanau whom i belong, having looked at your pepeha so far i say kia ora, to my knowledge the marae for our 2 families is "Te Watea" this marae is situated near the end of Pupuke road, my Greatx3 grand fathers hapu was also Ngati Rangi as this is seen on his wooden headstone at Te Watea, everything else is the same as mine, however would know the mountain for that area???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2006 10:14 am
Pikimaui OWC
(@pikimaui-owc)

Tena koe Clarke

No te whanau Hape toku mama, a,ki taa taku matua, ko te ingoa o te maunga o taua waahi ko Mangamimi (warm trickling waters). Kua mea mai etahi ko te ingoa ke ko Maungaemiemi. Mehemea e penei ana te ingoa, he aha ke tenei mea te emiemi? E ai ki taku mama ko Mangamimi hoki te ingoa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 August, 2007 11:26 am
Share: