Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAUTUHI, POI, HAZEL  

RSS
Panipani OWC
(@panipani-owc)

Kia Ora ,

I have been reading the many posts that are in this panui and it has given me some answers to my own questions. Maybe you can help me with my Whakapapa: I have a few family names to sort out and it has taken me a while to get nowhere LOL.

Here goes:
1. TAUTUHI, Renata is my gr8 pops but I don't know where he comes from but I think it is just before Tikitiki? he married Te Awa Haerewa Which was Te Aranga.

3. POI, Te Urikore is my grandfather and i would like to know more about his family, i know that he comes from Rangitukia area, his father was Teo-Paipa (Tuteri) Poi and mother was Hanakawhi Haerewa.

4. HAZEL, William is a gr8 gr8 gr8 pops he was an American Whaler that had another family in Te Araroa as well, are there any resources online to track american whalers whakapapa before they came to New Zealand? I have find a site called mysticseaports.com if anyone wishes to search for american sailors.

Thanks for you help

Edited by - Panipani on Jul 31 2006 7:38:31 PM

Posted : 10 June, 2006 1:54 pm
Reihana OWC
(@reihana-owc)

kiaora do you know a John tautuhi who diead in world war 2 was in the 28th Maori batallion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 June, 2006 10:59 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora, I checked all the whaler crew records from USA from the 1700's up. There are a couple of Hazel's but not on the "Elizabeth" and not whaling in the Pacific. Some crew were recruited in Fiji and other islands. I looked at the English list and ditto. If you put "whale crew list" on Google and play with the words there is a library in USA, can't remember but I think it is like "Bedford" that specialize in the old whaler lists.
Pi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 June, 2006 5:25 pm
Panipani OWC
(@panipani-owc)

Kia Ora Pi,

Thanks for your help and I'll try that. This means alot to me 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 June, 2006 7:27 pm
Panipani OWC
(@panipani-owc)

Kia Ora Reihana,

I have seen that name somewhere, I will have a look at the Hiruharama School book and they have names in there that maybe of help, all I know is my nana Ngapera Tautuhi and her 2 bro's and her father Renata Tautuhi. I'm trying to find out the rest as for now...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 June, 2006 7:30 pm
Share: