Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAUTUHI, tamati  

RSS
alittlejohn OWC
(@alittlejohn-owc)

I am doing some family genealogical research.

I am looking for information on a gentleman by the name of Tamati Tautuhi or otherwise known as Thomas Fox, he was married to Kate (Nohopani) Ryland Whanau a Ruataupere, he supposedly passed away in 1899.
He was referred to as a Licensed Interpreter.
Residing in the Tokomaru Bay Area. He may have links to the Waikato area.

Also an Agnes Tautuhi, Te Paea Te Mara and Wiremu Te Mara.

Any communication would be much appreciated.

Regards
Andrew Littlejohn

Posted : 24 March, 2007 8:26 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

I am doing some family genealogical research.

I am looking for information on a gentleman by the name of Tamati Tautuhi or otherwise known as Thomas Fox, he was married to Kate (Nohopani) Ryland Whanau a Ruataupere, he supposedly passed away in 1899.
He was referred to as a Licensed Interpreter.
Residing in the Tokomaru Bay Area. He may have links to the Waikato area.

Also an Agnes Tautuhi, Te Paea Te Mara and Wiremu Te Mara.

Regards
Andrew Littlejohn

I have a whakapapa for the Fox whanau which has Tamati Tautuhi Fox as a son of Ritihia Te Riunui and Matthew Fox. He is shown as marrying Raiha Porourangi and having two children, Tuhaka who married Ripeka Te Urupa and Tanu who married R Tarena.
His brother and sisters are shown as (in age order) Hariata Mataere who married a MacDonald and secondly, Himiona Te Owai; then Mereana who married Himiona Te Owai too; then Tamati; then Kataraina Te Mahora who married Mr Green; then Te Hata who married Ema; then Wi Paku who had no issue; then Herewaka who married Pine Ngapo; then Henare Mahuika who had no issue; and finally Tahatahi who married Paora and secondly Maaka Ngapo.
According to my source, Fox was a Pakeha so if there are Foxes in other parts of the country, you'll need to check any links with the Fox whanau themselves. Secondly Ritihia Te Riunui was a sister of Major Rapata Wahawaha who you can probably trace through the book "People of many peaks" as he is of note in the history of our country. In short, they were both Ngati Porou so I can't comment on any ties with Tainui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2007 9:21 pm
Share: