Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE KEMURA (KAITEKE)  

RSS
Ngahuia
(@ngahuia)

I am exploring my whakapapa. Ngahuia daughter of Te Kumura (Kaiteke)and Walter Augustus Irving (22/2/1835-17/2/1891) were my Great Grandparents. I have found some info of the Irving whanau in Australia but looking to find whanau here and trace Ngahuia.

Posted : 15 September, 2005 10:41 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Check this site out if you have't already done so: www.geocities.com/tarnz4d/

... and the another alternative family name for the "IRVING" Whanau is the "RAWENE" Whanau.

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 September, 2005 12:36 pm
Ngahuia
(@ngahuia)

tena koe, kia ora. Thank you so much. There are no words to express just what you have given me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 September, 2005 1:00 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Geez! my spellings shocking [lol]
I thought I'd add this also... Te Kemara was of the hapu, Ngati Rahiri and Ngati Kawa of Nga Puhi. Te Kemara's wife Puatea, was of Te Ngare Raumati. There is a place where Te Kemara use to bathe called Otiao Bay [Indigo Bay] on Urupukapuka Island up here in the Bay of Islands. There are marriages between the Irving [Rawene] whanau, the Cross and Joyce and Katene [Cotton] families from Kororareka [Russell], Waitangi, Paihia, Haruru Falls, and Te Ahuahu [Waimate North], just to name a few.
All the best on your search.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 September, 2005 1:27 pm
Rawene OWC
(@rawene-owc)

Hey Vibrant, my great grandparents were also Walter & Ngahuia... I've got a bit of stuff about our whanau. Let me know if you want some stuff

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2006 9:15 pm
Ngahuia
(@ngahuia)

Hi Rawene
Can you contact me please. I tried to send you an email but it wont post for some reason Vibrant@xtra.co.nz
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2006 9:19 pm
Share: