Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUHOE - nga tamariki o te kohu  

RSS
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Kia ora koutou

No Te Whaiti ahau
Ko Maungapohatu te maunga
Ko Whiriinake te awa
Ko Mataatua te waka
Ko Murumurunga te marae
Ko Ngati Whare te Hapu
Ko Ngai Tuhoe te iwi
Tihei Mauri Ora!

If anyone knows anything more about where i'm from or any great stories could you please email me

mohaka_girl@optusnet.com.au

Kia Ora

Posted : 16 April, 2006 11:54 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

I think i missed a semi colin in my email address

mohaka_girl@optusnet.com.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2006 11:56 pm
danny98249 OWC
(@danny98249-owc)

Sup sista! Yeah bo ma whanau from ruatahuna eh, yeah if your keen for some info on the ureweras hook us up an email and i'll try to email you some or at least direct you in gettin hooked up, shot!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2006 10:47 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Sup danny98249 my email address is up the top to send some info

Kia ora mo tena

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 May, 2006 1:06 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora korua,me from ruatahuna and waikaremoana.

ko maungapohatu,ko panekire nga maunga
ko ohinemataroa,ko waikaretaheke nga awa
ko waikaremoana,ko waikareiti nga moana
ko tatahoata,ko kuhatarewa nga marae
ko te tapuae,ko te poho o ruapani nga whare
ko ngai te riu,ko ngati hinekura nga hapu
he uri hoki no ngati tawhaki,ngati kuri,ngai te paenga,ngati manunui ki ruatahuna,no te whanaupani,ngai tutekohi ki waikaremoana
ko TUHOE te iwi
ko mataatua,ko horouta nga waka

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 May, 2006 1:57 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

e becks

te whaitinuiatoi/minginui is just around the corner from ruatahuna.i reckon get the puka called 'TUHOE' by elsdon best...or betta go to www.tuhoe.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 May, 2006 12:14 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Yeah but haven't been to Ruatahuna yet even though my great koro is from there!! I can't get that book at the mo cos i'm currently living in Australia. N i've been on that website that u've recommended but it had no interest to me!!

Sorry bout that and thanks for your info!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 May, 2006 2:03 pm
dooks4
(@dooks4)

where ur in oz becks me in sydney

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 May, 2006 10:38 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Kia ora dooks4

I'm living in Brisbane at the mo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2006 1:10 am
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Becks

I have relatives from Te Whaiti. My father is Tuhoe from Waimana. His brother lived and worked all his life in the Kaingaroa forest and now his children, my first cousins still live and work there.

Te Whaiti marae is a beautiful place. Minganui is basically at the beginning of the Urewera, after Murupara and on the way to Ruatahuna. The Urewera is one of the largest natural bush areas in the southern hemishpere.

The water is crystal clear. The trees are old and majestic. Makes me want to go back for a visit just thinking about it! Hahaha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2006 11:28 am
maori_schick OWC
(@maori_schick-owc)

Ko Tawhiuau te maunga
Ko Whirinaki te awa
Ko Mataatua te waka
Ko Ngati manawa raua ko Tuhoe te iwi

Kia ora im originally from Murupara, but we used to live in Te Whaiti. In the mission house with my Matekuare whanau.

It was amazing waking up to fresh air, living across the road from Murumurunga marae, made it even better. Going to see my whanau at every event held at the marae, or to just lend a hand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2006 7:41 pm
Rangiuru OWC
(@rangiuru-owc)

Kia ora,

I am from Ruatahuna and i have just come back from a tangi up there it is one of the best places you could ever go to. There is no place like home cuz. Tatahoata is just down the road from our marae, my marae is Uwhiarai which is between tatahoata marae tatua marae.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 March, 2007 10:02 pm
Share: