Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Tutamoi (better known as Tutamoe  

RSS
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

I know this is a bit off the beaten track but to me its still part of whakapapa.Tutamoi(Tutamoe) as it was known back then is there anyone out there that knows this korero of how Tutamoi got its name. Not all korero is wrong, its just different no reira nau mai haere mai korero maiText

[color=#00ff00][b](b)[/b][/color]

Posted : 10 June, 2007 1:57 pm
atareta OWC
(@atareta-owc)

The name of this mountain began with Te Heru who was a sister to the chief Taramainuku who lived in Mangakahia. She summoned her brother to go to the foot of the mountain to cut down a large tree to lay claim to the land. As the tree fell to the earth Te Heru named the mountain Tutamoe. Enei nga korero i roto o te Maramataka 2007 na Sam Rerekura.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2007 3:52 pm
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

tena koe Atareta, yes thank you kindly, my wife has been given one of those calenders, Maramataka, a few days ago, isnt it amazing the way things happen or work out!Kia Ora taku hoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2007 8:37 pm
te whanau
(@te-whanau)

Haere mai whanau i know this is one korero as i also no of another so if anyone out there knows of these stories please dont feel shy lets learn all the stories

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 June, 2007 7:47 pm
Share: