Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Waikato Whanau  

RSS
Riki_Puki_Iraia OWC
(@riki_puki_iraia-owc)

Kia ora koutou

i am looking for any information on the waikato whanau from huntly (Ngati Whawhakia),looking for tha names of children that toko waikato has

any information would be greatly appreciated

Posted : 28 May, 2006 5:22 am
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Riki Puki Iraia

Ngati Whawhakia has three marae in Huntly. Te Kauri, Kaitumutumu and Te Ohaki. Taitimu Maipi or Toko Waikato would be the best to talk to. Make the effort and visit them.

You do not state why it is you wish to know this information. Are you whanau of Whawhakia?

I know Toko Waikato as he is a very important man to us in Huntly (Tohunga whakapapa/Tikanga) although very humble. He may not consider himself as such but thats how many people here perceive him. A deeply spiritual person with natural intelligence and the spark of our ancestors. He taonga tuku iho.

If you are related, I would encourage you to contact him. He is very approachable.

Paimarire

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2006 11:15 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia ora koutou

i am looking for any information on the waikato whanau from huntly (Ngati Whawhakia),looking for tha names of children that toko waikato has

any information would be greatly appreciated

Kia Ora
My whanau are the Waikato's and they are from Huntly. My nana Daisy Te Momo (nee Waikato) dad was Jack Waikato and her mum was Rangiwauwau Timoti and we are related to Toko Waikato. I am happy to help with information and if you contact Uncle Toko at Te Ohaki Marae he will be able to help you also. Our whanau are planning a reunion if you are interested and related to us.

Edited by - sheree_tm on Jun 16 2007 12:47:36 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2007 6:15 am
Dazman11 OWC
(@dazman11-owc)

I am also looking for infomation of my Nans whanau ,her name is Piki Tiora Waikato daughter of Haki(JACK)Waikato and Rangiwawau Timoti ,I don't know if these are the same people but any info is appreciated

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2007 6:58 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

I am also looking for infomation of my Nans whanau ,her name is Piki Tiora Waikato daughter of Haki(JACK)Waikato and Rangiwawau Timoti ,I don't know if these are the same people but any info is appreciated

Kia Ora Daz
Yep they are the same people, you and I are cousins, my nana and your nana were sisters and I am also researching our whakapapa and been searching for whanau because our whanau is having a reunion and need to have our first meeting if you are interested and I can help you with our whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 June, 2007 1:03 am
Share: