Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WAIKOTIKOTI MARAE  

RSS
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Kia ora koutou

Is anybody from this Marae? My great grandfather Iraia Heurea is suppose to be from here? Does anybody know the Marae or name? I've never been there before and i'm tryna do my whakapapa but i can't get any further then him

Kia Ora

Posted : 14 May, 2006 12:33 am
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

And does anybody have any photo's?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2006 12:37 am
Riki_Puki_Iraia OWC
(@riki_puki_iraia-owc)

heyy cuzy yeah i gottah video of some people thea and photos of tha wahi ile huk up wif dat when i stop forgetting lol
chu chur
aroha nui cuzy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 May, 2006 4:20 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Yeh like those ava photo's aye cuz! ile be a kuia before you send them! And your like a koro when it comes to doing things.

Chur chur

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 May, 2006 5:14 pm
dooks4
(@dooks4)

kia ora becks,the marae you mention is the first marae you come to when you get to te whaiti from the murupara end of the te whaiti road in the urewera national park.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 May, 2006 10:33 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Kia ora dooks4

Is that the one close to the urupa? cos someone else just emailed me and said that it was in Ruatahuna?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2006 1:12 am
dooks4
(@dooks4)

kia ora becks,that marae is in te whaiti its on the right hand side and the urupa is about 300 metres past the marae on the hill

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2006 8:22 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Yeah i was looking in the Ngati Whare website and i cam across a photo of that Marae and now it looks very familiar, i'm sure we pass it every time to get to Te Whaiti? Do you know if this is where the Heurea whanau come from?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2006 10:34 am
dooks4
(@dooks4)

the heurea whanau mainly have connections in ruatahuna.the same as for the iraia whanau and they also come from ngati whare[iraia]and i think there is a connection with the hitaua whanau in waimana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2006 11:41 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Do you know my whanau? Yeah i kinda new the Heurea whanau come from Ruatahuna but i don't even know where that is!! and the Iraia whanau is the same as the Heurea whanau and yeah that is Ngati Whare, where's Waimana?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 May, 2006 12:20 am
dooks4
(@dooks4)

hey becks,yea i know a lot of the heurea whanau and i am also related to the iraia whanau through the meihana connection in ngati whare and tuhoe.waimana is another tuhoe settlement near opotiki

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 May, 2006 8:59 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

True i remember when koro got sick he had to go to Waiohau? I'm sure that's tuhoe area as well up near optoki. Do you know where that is?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 11:24 am
dooks4
(@dooks4)

yea waiohau is on the main road between murupara and te teko and waimana is about an hour from waiohau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 10:10 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Choice thanks heaps for your information and hopefully i'l get a chance to check those places out!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2006 11:51 am
Riki_Puki_Iraia OWC
(@riki_puki_iraia-owc)

kia ora kuzzy

as im sure you kno who and who not we are related tonow i had sent you a copy of the whakapapa but we are related to the

HITAUA WHANAU
WE ARE THE IRAIA WHANAU
RANGIAHO WHANAU
RURI WHANAU
AND HEUREA WHANAU

NOHO ORA MAI KUHZY

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2006 3:30 pm
Share: